Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LumbeeUser09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 01:45 PM
    Skin around piercing is peeling
    Hi I Don't No If You Can Answer My Question But Im Giving It A Try Anyway. Well I Was Jus Wandering I Jus Got My Bell Button Pierced About Maby A Week Ago And Around It ,it Looks Like My Skin Sometimes Is Pilling .is This Normal? And I Was Wondering What Is The Best Stuff To Use To Clean It?
    Thanx's For Your Time And I Really Hope You Can Answer My Question...

Bh
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 19, 2006, 02:06 PM
    The best thing to use to clean it is anti-bacterial soap. Do this 2-3 times a day and when you take showers, try to keep it out of the water as much as possible for up to six weeks.
    Sometimes the water could make it dry and peel around it, there may be other factors, but as long as it is not hurting you at all, you should be fine.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Oct 22, 2006, 06:45 PM
    Also, you may be developing an allergy to the metal in the - ring / stud / whatever it is - used in your pierciing. A lot of jewelry is made using nickel in the plating process - even some gold has nickel in it - and a fair number of people are allergic to nickel. If the problem continues, look for jewelry that is certified "nickel-free"...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my piercing licence? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on becoming a professional piercer and I have no idea where or how to get my licence, I live in mckinney texas(suburb of dallas) and I don't know where to go 2 get my licence I've heard you take a class and a test over it but I need to know where. If anyone could give me any...

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

How to prevent a tan from peeling? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew what I can use to prevent my tan from peeling and my skin getting too dry? Thanks.

Papaya Whitening Peeling Cream [ 0 Answers ]

Has anyone used this product before? It's supposed to peel off dead skin cells and make you more radiant/lighter? If anyone has used this product please give me some feedback.. this will help the rest of us learn more about the product!

Front door peeling [ 1 Answers ]

My front door clear coat is flaking it goes not receive a lot of sun light. The door is fiberglass and is stained. Any ideas how to fix this problem.

View more questions Search