Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mowdyjh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Firing order for a 2000 honda accord
    What is the firing order for a 2000 honda accord 4 cylinder and where is one on the dist cap? And do you go clockwise or counter clockwise?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 03:47 PM

Direction can be determined by removing Distributor cap and observing direction while cranking. Watching valve movement can determine order.
    TXgreaseMonkey probably has on his link for Honda's:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...les-46563.html
    May be 1,3,4,2?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 07:33 PM

Remove all spark plugs. When Cylinder #1 is at TDC, the rotor will point to Distributor Cap Terminal #1. Going clock-wise, the order is 1, 3, 4, and 2.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 07:37 PM

TDC Compression stroke, TX forgot to mention 2 TDCs for a 4 stroke, needs to be on compression stroke, not exhaust stroke. If unsure, swap all wires 180 degrees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Civic cylinder firing order? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap, and rotor on my 92 honda civic. This fixed my initial problem of the car starting; however it seems to be running a little rough and a little gutless. So I am not sure (if when I initially was moving about and replacing things - yes I could...

2000 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

p1486 manufactur control auxiliary emissions controls on 2000 honda accord what does that mean what needs to be replaced

2000 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Accord LX. My brake lights are not working. I was in a car accident in 8/2007 and I was rear ended. I had the body of my car worked on. I noticed this week that my brake lights weren't working. I took it back to the body shop because they made some errors in the body work of...

2000 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

My Honda Accord has an automatic transmission. When I put my car in reverse to pull out of our driveway which is slightly downhill, the car will move a little, them there is a bump sound and then it continues in reverse. It sounds like I ran over something, but I haven't. I'm thinking it has...

Firing Order Of 1988 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I am just wondering why my 1988 Civic honda was starting even the firing order as of Not the same what's in the manual. Can you give the firing order of what you know and I will compare it on what on it now. The manual says in sequence from left to right when you're facing the engine is: 4...

View more questions Search