Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wowerpro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Compatibility between Samsung LCD TV and Vaio notebook?
    It did not work when I tried connecting my Sony Vaio VGN-FE660G notebook
    To Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV using a monitor cable. So I wonder if there is any compatibility problem between these two?
    Thanks a lot.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 9, 2006, 01:36 PM
    Compatibility between Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV and Vaio VGN-FE660G notebook?
    Hmmmm from the specs Here it seems as tho' it should work fine.
    When you connected the Vaio did you try changing the selected monitro by using Fn and F7?
    Maybe something as easy as not sending the Vaio's output to an attached monitor.
    wowerpro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 04:57 PM
    Thanks a lot for your response. Yes I tried quite a few times using Fn and F7 but it has never worked out. I called Sony and was told this has been a known issue and solved yet. So have you ever tried it by yourself?

Thanks
    vivmarchal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 08:51 AM
    I have the same kind of issue between my vaio and my Samsung TV LCD through VGA... the weird thing is that sometimes it worked (not many)... but could not reproduce the same action to perform the same result i.e. laptop on mcd screen...
    Pissed off, I am
    ethiolgnd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 06:22 PM
    I had the same problem with a vaio vgn-sz120p and a Samsung lcd LN-s4051D. Samsung tech told me to check with sony for new updates, I did and downloaded an updated intenden to solve the issue (The update read "This utility updates the VAIO® Event Service to version 2.3.00.08110 to address an issue where the computer is unable to output to certain monitors.")

However no luck. I tried hooking my Samsung to another desktop, wala it works fine. Just for the heck of it I unpluged the VGA cable while the TV was on PC input and pluged it in to my vaio Laptop, and for my surprise it worked. But when I changed the TV input I couldn't get back to the PC input again.

So the approach I used was to force the Samsung LCD TV to go to its PC input.

Problem with that is the TV is set to skip unused inputs while user is pressing the source button on the remote or on the TV, in this case my vaio Laptop is being skipped.

Luckily I have purchased a harmony 550 universal remote, the remote lets you to go to any input on the TV. So I set up an activity called "show presentation" and selected the TV input PC. SO when I choose this activity it takes me right to the PC input, signal received or not.

Used my function + LCD switcher(F7) on the laptop and was able to by pass the problem.

I hope you find this helpful.

P.S.

If Samsung techs or designers are reading this, please allow Users to flip through and select what input they want to be on. It's nice to skip over unused inputs but please make it a choice.

Thanks.
    lei_ann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:13 PM
    First, download and install Sony® VAIO® Event Service Update available at the Sony® PC Support Web site(www.esupport.sony.com)..next click start.. go to My Programs.. go to VAIO Central.. click System Information tab.. click + beside Display.. double click plug and display.. remove the check on Enable automatic output function.. click OK.. close Vaio Central window by clicking the x on the top right corner.. that's it! Goodluck.. hope it works.. =)
    Gropoli Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Hi,

I have the same problem and I didn't manage to solve it !

When I try to connect my Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FJ1S) to my Samsung LCD TV (LE26R73B) through VGA cable, it appears that the TV receive no signal : in the sources menu of the TV, the PC source is disabled. However the laptop seems to detect the TV since it displays a max resolution corresponding to the one of the TV (1366x768, actually round to 1360x780) in the monitor poperties.

Apparently, this is a known issue between Sony Vaio laptops and Samsung LCD TV, but some managed to solve it anyway... just not me ! :(

I have already try the following tests :
    - deactivate the VAIO Event Service
    - update to the last version of the VAIO Event Service (2.3.00.08110)
    - test with another VGA cable
    - display the output of another laptop to the TV : OK
    - display the Vaio's output to an Acer LCD monitor : OK
    - reboot the laptop while VGA cable is connected
    - turning the TV on before and after connecting the VGA cable
    - displaying the output of another laptop on the TV, then unplugging the cable and replugging it to the Vaio to see whether the TV can retrieve the signal (strange, but some managed to do it) : it failed

Do you have any other ideas or solutions ? I mean other than buying a Harmony Universal Remote ;)

Thanks a lot if you can help !

Jan 8, 2007, 01:39 AM
    I solved the problem with the Sony Utilities update (6.4.0.06290) which fixes the following issue : "Improved connectivity to specific monitors".
    balcik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Hi guys,

I also have sony vaio fs laptop and Samsung lcd. I get the signal for few seconds on the lcd screen but qiuckly disappears ans says check PC cable signal. I have downloaded the above update but it is still same.

Can anyonve advise me?

Thanks

Jan 11, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Hi,

Try to connect both ends of your VGA cable to your TV and laptop before turning them on.
    Be sure the cable is well connected on both, if there are screws at the ends of it use them.
    If it still doesn't work try with another cable !

Good luck !
    balcik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Thank you very much for your reply.

I have now tried that too but still having the same problem. I have also tried a different cable.

I thinkwork this will not but I really find very hard to understand why it works for a few second only each time I go to PC mode.

Thanks again
    Rod100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 02:30 AM
    I am having similar problem between a vaio VGN SZ1XP and Samsung 23inch tv/pc monitor.
    I have tried updating the even service. I am able to save the wizard to my desktop but when I attempt to run it I get a request to insert disk1.. Since it is a download and not a disk I am stuck.. any ideas?
    cnagra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
    I have the same problem as well, I have contacted sony to see what they say? I have sony vaio A617B and a Samsung Syncmaster LCD screen. It also works for a few moments and then turns off.

The udpate suggested does not work on this vaio, can anyone help?

I will let you know what sony say in the reply.

CNagra
    andypen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 09:11 AM
    I have been struggling to get my vaio to connect to my Samsung LCD for weeks but have now seemed to have cracked it.

Hardware = Vaio VGN-FS285B & Samsung LE26R74

I installed the latest BIOS update from Sony Vaio Link website and went to the Intel website for the latest graphics chipset drivers/utilities. According to Sony, that should have solved it. But it was only after installing updates for Wireless LAN Starter that I accidentally found that my Vaio can now be displayed on my TV :) :)
    blueboy777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Okay, after nearly losing my mind and trying a lot of different fixes, I FINALLY solved it.

I downloaded the Event Service Update, but it was for the sz230p (update not available for my model #), so my system didn't allow it to run. Then, in a fit of despair, I disabled the automatic output function, and suddenly, it worked. I don't know why I even thought to do that, except that maybe something in that program actually blocks the connection. Who knows, but I hope this helps. Whew.
    nnmmnnmm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Hi,
    I tried connecting another laptop and then connecting my vaio but it still didn't work, also I tried installing event update and utility update, and also I took the check mark off the automatic update too but it still didn't work. Does anyone has any other ideaaaasssss?
    seperino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Hi,
    I had the same problem with my Sony Vaio VGN-FS295VP trying to use my SAMSUNG LE32N7 series LCD TV. This is a known issue with Sony notebooks and some patches must be downloaded and a setting changed on the notebook. To get it to work I installed the following upgrades from the Sony support site:
    Vaio : Support : Drivers and Updates
    1) BIOS Update R0044J1
    2) VAIO Event Service 2.3.00.08110
    3) Sony Utilities 6.4.0.06290

The following setting is also required:

VAIO Control Centre --> Plug & Display --> UNCHECK Enable automatic output function i.e. DISABLE it.

Restart the Notebook. On having restart hit Fn + F7 to enable VGA output and the PC option should now be available from the source list on the monitor.

Hope this helps. Who would have thought so much would be required :confused: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:

Sep
    Sarawak Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wowerpro
    to Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV using a monitor cable. So I wonder if there is any compatibility problem between these two?
    Thanks a lot.
    It would appear to be problem all round. Been trying to get answesr from Samsung and Sony without success. They do not seem to admit that there is a problem. :mad:
    :mad:

Aug 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wowerpro
    to Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV using a monitor cable. So I wonder if there is any compatibility problem between these two?
    Thanks a lot.
    I have been successful. Follow these instructions and all the best.

Hi,
    I had the same problem with my Sony Vaio VGN-FS115B trying to use my SAMSUNG LE32N7 series LCD TV. This is a known issue with Sony notebooks and some patches must be downloaded and a setting changed on the notebook. To get it to work I installed the following upgrades from the Sony support site:
    1) BIOS Update R0044J1
    4) Instal Pro?Wireless Network Adapter Driver 2915ABG

Also go into Intel website and download latest grahics chipset/drivers/utilities

VAIO Control Centre --> Plug & Display --> UNCHECK Enable automatic output function i.e. DISABLE it.

Restart the Notebook. On having restart hit Fn + F7 to enable VGA output and the PC option should now be available from the source list on the monitor.

It worked for me. :) :p

Regards Sarawak

Aug 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seperino
    Hi,
    I had the same problem with my Sony Vaio VGN-FS295VP trying to use my SAMSUNG LE32N7 series LCD TV. This is a known issue with Sony notebooks and some patches must be downloaded and a setting changed on the notebook. To get it to work I installed the following upgrades from the Sony support site:
    1) BIOS Update R0044J1

Hope this helps. Who would have thought so much would be required :confused: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:

Sep
    Many thanks for your help. Mission successful.:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung squeaky dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All: I have been following the threads on squeaky dryers. I have a (just) one year old Samsung stackable dryer (model DV4006) that has just started squeaking. First it was intermittent, now it is continuous (and piercing!). Is it normal for these parts to go so quickly? I hope to try to...

Compaq Presario vs. Sony Vaio [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just bought a Compaq Presario 6027US for $80. It's a Pentium 4 Processor, 2.0 GHz, 512 Mb, PC 2100 DDR Total System Memory. It's 3 years old. Here's what confuses me, my laptop of about the same years is a Sony Vaio PCGFXA63. And this compaq presario is either equal to or better in...

Sony Vaio PCG-K27 Bios Problem [ 9 Answers ]

I am having an issue with my notebook. I forgot the password that I put on it a year ago when I bought it. I need to know either how to remove this password, or what tools are needed to remove it. I am willing to take it to a service center, but I cannot afford to send it to the Sony facility in...

Which notebook? [ 3 Answers ]

hi, need some guidance. Daughter's going to college and is buying an entry level notebook, narrowed down to two- 1) toshiba a85- s107 and 2) compac presario m2105 us. compac- With a 15" display, wireless capabilities and combo drive, the Compaq Presario M2105US notebook gives you the...

Cleaning notebook [ 1 Answers ]

My toshiba notebook has a metallic finish. Where I rest my palm when I write a dark patch has developed.I can't get rid of it. Is it oxidation? Do you know how to make my laptop shiny again?

View more questions Search