Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eshellady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Sandy build up on hot tub wall
    Hi,

I have a sandy feeling build up on my hot tub walls and all surfaces covered by water. How can I get rid of it? Will it harm my pipes or any other part of the hot tub?
    Thank you
    chemicalfree Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 07:13 PM

1. What color is this sandy build up and is it below the water line or above or both?

2. What chemical are you using in the tub?

3. How often have you changed the water in the tub?

4. Is the water hard or soft in your area?

Apr 30, 2009, 08:40 AM

The grit appears clear on the wall but there are puddles of light brown sand in the seats. It is all under water. It began after draining the hot tub and replacing the filters, about 2 months ago. I'm not sure of the chemical, it is a drop in which is placed inside the filter. It is also new. We have not used the tub since we changed the water. Thank you for your help.
    chemicalfree Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 04:28 PM
    It sound as if your chemical content in the water is or has been too high at some point in time and you had a chemical imbalance which caused the sanitizer and the calcium to fall out of solution and coat the surface of the tub.

Find a small area of the tub lower the water level in the tub and rub a small amount of vinegar on the affected area, if this works you will have to do the same thing over the affected surface(s). Should this work after cleaning the surface re clean the surface with a good organic cleaner and refill the tub. Oh, also soak the filters in a good filter cleaner.

Good Luck

May 14, 2009, 07:38 AM

Thank you so much. I'll try it today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sandy build up on hot tub surface where water is present [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sandy build up on the hot tub surface where there is water? I changed the water in November and used it only a few times - been about 2 months since last use. Any suggestions?

Garage Wall--Tear Down or Build Up [ 3 Answers ]

I have a one-car attached garage. The wall on the house side of the garage is finished with siding (the other walls are unfinished). If I want to finish the house side wall, should I tear off the siding and replace with drywall or should I build a 2x4 frame next to the old wall and drywall over...

Dialing in a footing to to build a wall to close in an existing attached garage [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in nc an inspector called me and told me to dial in a footing where I'm going to build a wall. I might drill about 8 two foot long rods into the existing 18' long footing then lay two #5 continuous rods tied to the rebars. Put some visqueen down. Here in oxford nc carolina they want the footing...

Must build a wall or partition in basement [ 2 Answers ]

Help to get started that's always the hardest I need to build either a wall or partion in my basement on a cement floor Zero previous experience but I am a little handy Much thanks in advance

How to build a partition wall from concrete floor [ 3 Answers ]

How do I construct a partition wall of wood a drywall off a concrete floor?

View more questions Search