Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tctns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Ants in underpants?
    Hi. This is quite embarrassing but on a few occasions, I have found ants crawling about in my used underwear. I recently had my blood sugar checked (after fasting for 8 hrs) and the results came back normal. I was wondering what could have caused those ants to come? Could it be the virginal discharge that is sweet? And if yes, why is my test for diabetes negative? Help. I am getting worried. Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Ummm, are you letting your underpants laying on the floor of your room? Sounds more like and ant problem/cleanliness problem rather than a medical condition.
    tctns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Hi thanks for answering. But no. left it in the laundrey basket. And the funny thing is, on one occations, I had washed it for a few seconds before putting it in the basket together with the other clothings. Is it the discharge that is attracting the ants?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 10:21 AM
    It's hard to say. But I would invest in some pest control. I have a huge family and many times we go a full week without doing laundry and we don't have ant problems.

Again, I believe this is more of a pest control issue than a health issue.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Okay, going to ask a very silly question. Are you sure they're ants?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2008, 05:59 PM
    This is a housecleaning problem. You are going to have to clean everything, starting in the laundry room with soap and then, a clorox and water wash. Get rid of all the clutter in your home, that draws problems.

In addition, put dirty laundry into a large plastic bag as it accumulates and twist the top of the bag closed.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Good idea Choux.

I'd also recommend getting some ant traps or hiring an exterminator.
    ablecable Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tctns
    Hi. This is quite embarrasing but on a few occasions, I have found ants crawling about in my used underwear. I recently had my blood sugar checked (after fasting for 8 hrs) and the results came back normal. I was wondering what could have caused those ants to come? Could it be the virginal discharge that is sweet? And if yes, why is my test for diabetes negative? Help. I am getting worried. Thank you.
    I am a licensed pest control operator that has been working in the industry for twelve years; I hold licenses in two states and sixteen categories (I recently dropped a third state license due to the cost of fuel - too far to drive to profit). I have a bachelor's degree and am currently working on my master's. I have given recertification classes for licensees in both states in which I operate, and I am currently building an online recertification and training site.

I have observed ants (usually pavement ants, Tetramorium caespitum) in dirty laundry on countless occasions. This is nothing to lose sleep over. They are very probably after the moisture, and perhaps the salts, contained in dirty laundry. I am unaware of any studies on ants in dirty laundry, however, so this is only speculation. ;-)

So not worth worrying about. Ants are the most common nuisance call for exterminators in many areas, but they are just that, a nuisance. I would never spend the money that many of my clients do on this "problem." Very few species are vectors of disease (please bring an ant to your local extension agency if you have this concern so it can be properly identified). I would worry more about your stock portfolio if I were you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of ANTS! [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up yesterday to find my kitchen walls and counters covered by ants. I clean and disinfect the kitchen everyday. None of the products that I've tried have worked. Any suggestion?

Get rid of My ANTS! [ 7 Answers ]

I have ants in my bathroom and my sink. How do I get rid of them? I've put the poison on the beds, but they still thrive. Help me.:confused:

Help With Ants [ 3 Answers ]

We live in a very sandy area and have lots of leaf cutter ants. (I'm not sure that is the correct name) The ants are red and have long spidery legs. They make trails when they are searching for whatever they are going to cut down. You may have a flower bed with beautiful flowers in it today and by...

Ants [ 7 Answers ]

Does anybody know any good tips for getting rid of ants?

View more questions Search