Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcvaney Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Husky powerwasher 1750
    I have a Husky powerwasher 1750 and when I try to use it, water quirts out of the wand... do I just need to replace the wand and the hose? I am mechanically challenged.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 05:53 AM
    You are kidding, right ? Water is supposed to come out of the wand and a certain psi, that's why its called a power washer. Or do you mean the water is coming out of a different part of the wand other then the very end?

You have to specific with us sometimes. Some of us are a little slow to get going.

Apr 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Sorry, I was not more specific. Water is coming out of the WRONG part of the wand, where I squeeze the handle and I get no pressure... got it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Can be 100 things, is the pump running, is it getting pressure, is there a "O" ring that could be leaking, what part of the "wand" is it coming out of. If you can be very very detailed as to what it is doing we may be able to help you more

Apr 20, 2008, 08:05 AM
    I think it is exactly where you squeeze on the wand. It sounds like it did the day I got it but when I try to work it, water gushes out.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2008, 03:16 PM
    You could probably just replace the wand. And some wands have a replaceable valve inside of them. If you are mechanically challenged, replacing the whole wand would be simple.
    aaarrgh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvaney
    I have a Husky powerwasher 1750 and when I try to use it, water quirts out of the wand...do I just need to replace the wand and the hose? I am mechanically challenged.
    IF YOU need to replace the washer, you may still be in the warranty period. Call Husky and argue your case for a replacement.

You also may not have secured the wand in the locking device. It is not easy to do.
    Craftylady51 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:34 AM

I am having the same problem.. Whenever I grasp the handle to start to spary water gushes out of the side of the handle itself and allows no pressure.. My unit is only 6 months so I really hate to replace the wand.. What kind of QUALITY IS THIS!. Unfortunately I have misplaces my receipt.. Grrr.. I will NEVER buy a Husky again especially since I have been reading about this problem over and over again..
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 04:24 PM

There should be an O ring in the Handel and that's what is going bad. Also because of the O ring being bad that makes the squeeze Handel go soft/flat

Replace the O ring. Don't get any O ring. I tried that several years ago and have big kit full of O rings different size and thickness. It a High pressure O ring and it has to be Sized Perfectly.

A standard O ring works for a while then blows.
    Been through this on our job site pressure washer. No wand should be needed

May 6, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Thank you for the info about the o/ring.. I had changed it but it was not one for a high pressure.. Will try that tomorrow.. ty
    almatt29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 02:17 PM
    ]I have a Husky powerwasher 1750 and when I try to use it, water quirts out of the trigger in the wand... do I just need to replace the wand,or can I replace bushings or gaskets in the Wand, I believe I am up to doing this.

Thank you. My tele # 6313676650

almatt29
    almatt29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Water leaks from trigger when trying to use wand. Can this be repaired or do I need to replace wand. I am up to making this repair if I can purchase parts.

almatt29

Jun 9, 2009, 02:49 PM
    I've had two of these washers now (two different models) and it's always the plastic piece inside the wand that is leaking, right at the elbow... We tried using special glue to repair it but it never works and we end up having to buy a new wand.. You would think I would learn not to buy this product after it happening twice to us now.. Poor quailty when it only lasts less then a year.. :cool:.. Whatever happened to things being built with materials other then plastic..
    gumguy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 09:51 AM
    I a;lso have this bad power washer handel problem with husky... would be nice if they had a break down view of it and the oring sizes listed to at least be able to fix the poor quality product

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Powerwasher doesn't powerup after releasing trigger [ 4 Answers ]

I have a power washer from Sears with a Briggs & Stratton 5.5HP motor, Model: 580 767202 Recently I've noticed that with the engine and water running, the power washer loses power once I release the trigger and press it again. The motor continues to run and the water flows through the gun but...

Not starting, husky [ 2 Answers ]

I also have a Huskvarna rider, mine would run for maybe 15 minutes then quit, let it set for awhile and it would start again, I replaced my plug, coil and stator to no avail, it was the fuel bowl that was dirty I took it off cleaned out the (Too much to believe junk) bowl and around the float. No...

Husky 1750 Power Washer has low HI Pressure. [ 3 Answers ]

This washer was working fine, then the Hi pressure was not as high as it was earlier in the day. Low pressure works fine, detergent draws fine and hi pressure kicks in but much lower than normal. Removed and cleaned all hoses and water screen. No clogs I could see. Owners manual mentions a by-pass...

History 1750-1900 [ 2 Answers ]

What is the populaton of people in 1750-1900

My Husky will not eat! [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old Husky who was diagnosed with Blastomycosis a few weeks ago. My vet put him on Intraconazole. After a few days, he started eating a little bit of beef, porkchops and chicken. After a few days his appetite became a little better and would eat a few bites several times a day. ...

View more questions Search