Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabbylou92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 09:01 AM
    I am not a weigt loss person.
    Hello everyone!

So my problem is that I weigh 192 pounds, 5'8", and my bmi is 30, I eed to lose weight but every time I try, I see ths really good junk food item and eat it. I am going to orlando at the end of the summer and France next summer, so I really want to look my best!!
    I need help cause apparently my mother and fater think I am fat and I am preety sure that I am depressed... recently got out of a good relationship...

Is there any thing I can do RIGHT??

Pleae help... any and every suggestion will be used!! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :( :confused:
    Maricruz Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

May 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Slow and easy is the key... you might want to start with increasing your exercising level. If you don't do anything right now, start by walking 10 minutes a day for a whole week, next week increase to 20... etc, etc, etc. Do it every day.
    Foodwise, what worked for me was NOT depriving myself from junk food, but cutting down and telling myself it was O.K. to have only one spoonful of ice cream instead of the whole darn pint!
    Getting out of relationships is hard, but eating non-stop is not the answer. You are only hurting yourself. Eat small, healthy meals often and then you won't feel ravished at any time, also tons and tons of water.

If you can, find a walking buddy and put it in your calendar just as you would a hair and dr. appointment, then, there's no excuse. However, if you miss it for some reason don't beat yourself up, just try next time.
    It won't be a fast process, it took me a whole year to lose 20 lbs (which are still off after yet another year), and I would like to lose another 20 by December.

Talk to your dr. who I'm sure will have some tips for you.

Good luck!
    doubfulGF Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

May 9, 2007, 05:35 PM
    I know it's easier said and done... but you have to find something else you enjoy and focus more in it... that way you will forget hunger... I just got out of a relationship myself and I just don't feel like eating, for one week, I've lost 6 pounds already...
    Because I've been focusign too much on crying... so if we look at it in another way, it was a distraction to my eating... I used to have a hard time losing weigth to...

Try to go to settingcaptivesfree.com for a biblical approach to losing weight...
    Or you can try listening to hiphop music... it works for me, because it makes me move and active even while facing the comp then I feel sleepy after, lol.. I know it's a little funny but do't listen to depressing songs
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 10:13 AM
    This is something you can do but it just takes a little retraining and patience. The junk food is the first thing you need to really work on, there's no good junk food. Try switching to fruits, its summer now there's a lot of good stuff out there, snack on nuts or seeds but watch portion sizes. If your using white flour products, switch to whole grain pasta, rice, cereals, and breads instead. Lean cuts of meat, like skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, loin type meats, bake or broiled, in olive oil or canola. Cut out cakes, cookies salty snacks, like chips, fatty foods, or fast foods. And drinks lots of water instead of sugary drinks. It takes resizing the portions your eating, eat less, and exercise more, jog, walking bike, swim, workout the whole body 3-4 times a week. You can do this and your'll be a lot happier with yourself when you see the results of your hard work!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to become intelligent person ? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi... How can I be an intelligent person.. so that I can give proper suggestion,ideas and views to people... about some issues ? Sometime I can't identify any problem on certain issues... But my friends can identify very quickly and give suggestions... Pleaase help me..

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Who is the person on the picture? [ 24 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me who the person on the picture is? The person is suppose to be well known. http://www.da-shizzaoh.com/hvemerdette.jpg

View more questions Search