Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junkdrawer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 07:25 AM
    My trane heat pump unit turns on for 5 seconds then turns off
    My trane heat pump will turn on (the outside part ) then turn off after 5 seconds. It never cools the house. I had an hvac guy come out and he said the freon is full and that he could see no loose connections on the unit. He recommended I change out the new digital thermostat I had installed in the fall for one that is specifically for my unit. Before I did that I disconnected the thermostat and jumpered the 4 wires together that make it run all the time. When I did that the unit does the same thing.this eliminates the thermostat as the problem right? It just turns on for 5 seconds and then turns off. By the way when the weather outside is cooler it usually works fine. It will actually get too cold in the house but by mid day on a hot day it stops working . Where should I start to look for the problem?

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump never turns on, handler blows continuous with no heat except with AUX heat [ 2 Answers ]

10 year old Rheem air handler RHBA-21J8MFCA, 1/3HP, 2.8A. New WeSt Columbia, SC 29170, Model 2HP13L48P-1B, HCFC-22, 4TON. Installed new out of box iN July and AC working splendidly but start-up is "violent" and loud. Installer says I need some sort of "start-up kit". I put off as had planned...

My air exchange unit motor turns on for several seconds and then shuts off. [ 1 Answers ]

My air exchange unit motor turns on for several seconds and then shuts off. My unit outside keeps running. I originally thought it was the thermostat. So, I've replaced it but the problem continues.

On my tranes xr11 unit I set for heat will heat for a short time then it turns cold w [ 0 Answers ]

When I set my threomstat for heat 80 degrees it will heat for a short time then it gets cold.

Outside unit turns on. Rotates, inside unit turns on. Does not blow / suck. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, we had a storm today, and I got home from work to find the house at a hot 75 degrees... the outside unit wouldn't turn on or work or anything... So, I went out and turned off ALL of the breakers, and then turned ALL of them back on... OK, the outside unit spins now... Then I went into...

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.