Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharon 331 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable
    I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.
    volswagn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon 331
    I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box witha Panasonic lcd tv.
    Is the Panasonic LCD Television HD? If so, is your digital cable box an HD box?

If you provide the model numbers for all components it would be much easier for us to figure this out for you. There are potentially many ways to do this.

If you are not terribly concerned about picture quality, but just want an easy hookup (and you're not going HD), connect the OUTPUT of the cable box to the INPUT of the DVD/VCR. Connect the OUTPUT of the DVD/VCR to your LCD TV.

You usually either have the choice of using the yellow "Video out" and "Video in" plugs on your components or what is called "S-Video." S-Video has the better picture, so if you can, use it instead of the yellow RCA-jack type connector. You will need S-Video cables. Then you will probably need to set your VCR/DVD not to a particular channel, but to VIDEO IN (usually this is done by clicking on the "input" or "input source" button on your VCR's remote control.

So in short:

1) RED RCA cable from RED AUDIO OUT on your cable box to the RED AUDIO IN on your DVD/VCR
    2) WHITE RCA cable from WHITE AUDIO OUT on your cable box to the WHITE AUDIO IN on your DVD/VCR.
    3) YELLOW RCA cable from VIDEO OUT on your cable box to the YELLOW VIDEO IN on your DVD/VCR ****OR for BETTER PICTURE**** S-VIDEO OUT on your cable box to S-VIDEO IN on your DVD/VCR

Then do the same from the DVD/VCR to the TV:
    1) RED RCA cable from RED AUDIO OUT on your DVD/VCR to the RED AUDIO IN on your LCD TV
    2) WHITE RCA cable from WHITE AUDIO OUT on your DVD/VCR to the WHITE AUDIO IN on your LCD TV.
    3) YELLOW RCA cable from VIDEO OUT on your DVD/VCR to the YELLOW VIDEO IN on your LCD TV ****OR if you used SVIDEO in the above steps before**** S-VIDEO OUT on your DVD/VCR to S-VIDEO IN on your LCD/TV.

Then make sure your VCR/DVD INPUT is set correctly from the remote control and you are also using the correct INPUT on the remote control of your television.

Then just use the cable box remote to change channels, and when you pop in a videotape or DVD, you shouldn't need to change anything on your television as far as input source, etc.
    makrwk18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 09:58 AM
    How do I hook up a (Toshiba DVR600) DVD Recorder/VCR Combo with a digital HD Cable and a Panasonic HD TV

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook up of Satellite,Tv,DVD recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 51 projection TV hooked up to a Star Choice Satellite system. I want to hook up a vcr & dvd recorder. I have s-system cables, component cables(red blue green) and rca (yellow red white) cables to do the hook up but cannot figure it out.I did have a dvd/vhs recorder combo unit...

Dish,vcr,dvd,cable to TV shcematic/instructions,please. [ 2 Answers ]

Plus no signal at all after several variations of connecting the dvd, even directly with no other connections, acts like it's working! can I just put a splitter on the TV coxial jack for the vcr/dish connection? Cable plugs into dish receiver, and works well, all componants is good condition and...

Dvd/vcr Recorder Hookup To Satelliteand Tv [ 2 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know how to hookup a dvd/vcr recorder combo to starchoice satellite and sony TV model KP-61v85. I also have a hometheater system but it is a older one so Im not sure If I can hook into that or not. Thankful for any help.

Using DVD-RAM recorder to skip TV commercials [ 4 Answers ]

Several ads seem to say that if your DVD recorder will record on DVD-RAM that you can record and watch TV at the same time and fast forward past the commercials. Am I reading these ads correctly? The Pansonic DMR-ES10S at about $199 will record on DVD-RAM. There are DVD recorders that also have 60...

DVD Player/Recorder [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a DVD Player that has the capability of "recording" at the same time. Can anyone help me find a quality (proven) device? I would appreciate hearing your recommendations! Thanks. Ponton

View more questions Search