Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keayrs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Blue screen
    I get a blue screen when trying to reload windows. The following messages apears:

Ntfs.sys - address f8172781 base at f8123000, datestamp 41107eea

I cannot re-load windows or get past the blue screen.
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2006, 03:00 AM
    This usually happens when your default "bios settings" have been tamperd with.

haha yay.. I got the solution! Why? Because I delt with this same error umm.. 4 days ago? Lol..

1st: Start up your PC.. soon as the light turns on

press the " F2 " key numerous times until u get into your actuall system settings..

2nd. Go to "bios settings" and change them back to "factory default" and click "esc"=escape" then save and exit.

and walaa u shoud be working.. if u still need help or can't quite figure it out.. let me know in a message..

hope that helped..
    keayrs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Thanks But the drive is faulty. Once I disconnected the master drive the problem went away. The drive has crashed and is holding the suipply voltage down. The system cannot boot as it cannot see the hard drive. I have loaded the OS to a second drive and tried to read the original drive without success.
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2006, 07:51 PM
    I find it rather harsh that you disagree with me.. and not post an answer to this guys question for it seems that you are not in a position to judge me nor rate my answer.. if you have something to say say it.. don't judge my answer.

And yes that's true... reseting factory defaults can sometimes cause other errors.. but errors that can easily be resolved.. and you keayrs

U should contact the dang customer support for windows xp or th manafacture of your pc's company..

That might of helped in the first place. To avoid wasting useless space on a message board

"bye"! @!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xHypoCondriacx
    i find it rather harsh that you disagree with me.. and not post an answer to this guys question for it seems that you are not in a position to judge me nor rate my answer.. if u have something to say say it.. dont judge my answer.
    that might of helped in the first place. to avoid wasting useless space on a message board

"bye"!!@!
    I didn't offer a solution because, as I understood it, the OP had figured out the problem and resolved it. So there was no need to offer a solution. Even if I didn't have a solution for the OP, that doesn't mean I don't know when an incorrect solution was offered.

One of the purposes of the comments feature is to correct mistaken advice right in the note where it was posted. That's why I used the feature. I said what I needed to. I can and will judge an answer when its factually incorrect, as yours was.

And your response to the OP about not wasting space was totally uncalled for.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Comments on this post

xHypoCondriacx disagrees: lmfao

I call your attention the suggested guidelines for using the Comments feature found here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

You are not going to find a lot of help here if you abuse the features.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned off my dell inspiron b130 it was fine when I turned back on it states bad checksum. I can not access start up but I have tried to reboot and all other possibilities without any success . Do you have any suggestions this is a new laptop only about 8 months old I have had a compaq for...

ATIdrab.dll 'Blue-Screen' [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time I get this 'Blue-Screen' error which points to this DLL associated with my laptop's (DELL Latitude CPx w/Pentium 3 processor and 320 MB RAM) video system. I've tried BOTH ATI's and DELL's websites, to no avail. ATI refers me to DELL and DELL insists that I find some cryptic...

Please help... Blue screen of death! [ 7 Answers ]

Yes, I have had the blue screen of death for a few months now. I have tried numerous stupid things but they don't seem to work It hadn't happened for a few weeks until today, it happened again. I have the error reports for it if that helps. Is there anyting I can do?

Blue screen of death [ 4 Answers ]

got a friend with this problem any ideas to resolve it ERROR 0x00000024 NTFS.SYS and it says... check the disk with CHDSK /F to repair the problem... but I can't because I can't access to anything to do a CHKDSK... :)

View more questions Search