Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstoddart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Panasonic plasma TV black screen
    Hi.

I have a Panasonic plasma TV with a satellite dish. The TV screen randomly goes black and remains that way for 10mins-4 hours, then comes back on. The frequency of these "outtages" is increasing. While screen is black, I can play DVDs fine, but screen is black when I go back to satellite input. I thought maybe the wire connecting to the satellite signal was faulty, but a different TV connected via the same wire never blacks out.
    Any ideas?

Thanks.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 10:15 AM

A black screen is most indicative of a signal that is not strong enough to generate an image.

The first step I would take is to have the Satellite company come out and re-calibrate the dish.

This is really in the wrong forum and I will asked that it be moved to the Electronics forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black bar in center of Panasonic plasma TV [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a 50" Panasonic Plasma flatscreen for about 18 months. Yesterday when we switched it on, it had a black bar about 2" wide extending about 2/3 down the screen, right in the center. We tried different modes, different power jacks, etc. Nothing changes it. The TV works fine except for...

Panasonic TH65PZ700B black box on screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my TV on there is a black box on the top left corner of the screen. It is completely black and it doesn't move or change whether I watch TV, change the volume, or watch dvds? Help! What has happened and what do I do?

Samsung plasma screen goes black [ 6 Answers ]

My Samsung plasma screen goes black after it has been on for a few minutes,there is sound still,but after about 2-3 minutes the picture appears for a few minutes than the screen goes black again,than it flickers untile the screen is completely black but there is always sound. I have a PS2 & cable...

View more questions Search