Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manzoorulhassan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Connecting a Double Pole Breaker
    I have to start a motor by energising a Contactor, and I have only positive 24 volts dc,but the connection needs positive as well as negative 24 vots dc. How can I get Positive,negative 24 volts dc from only positive 24 vols dc..
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Feb 7, 2009, 03:46 AM
    manzoorulhassan

Do you mean that you require in total two 24 V DC supplies, one of which is permanent and the other temporal?
    Often with "negative" in DC equipment is meant the common 0 V line.
    I suggest you investigate the possibility that the + 24 V DC is connected to the motor by an On-Off switch, with a press-button switch from the On-Off switch to the energiser.
    In that case the - 24V DC supply is considered the common 0 V line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Hot Tub and using a 50 Amp Double Pole GFCI Circiut Breaker [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: I keep getting the GFCI breaker tripping after wiring my hot tub. I wired 2 hot Red and Black to the proper terminals and the White to the neutral and the Bare Copper to the ground Post at the tub. I am using 6-3 w/G per instructions. Could the GFCI breaker be bad? When I wire...

30 Amp Double Pole Breaker is hot and tripping [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just got a Maytag Neptune Dryer a week ago. I have it plugged in to our old dryer outlet (which was replaced less than a year ago) which is 3 prong. The dryer voltage is 240 volts and I am running it on a 30 amp double pole breaker. The problem is, this is new electrical wiring and a...

Using a Double Pole Breaker to feed two circuits [ 11 Answers ]

I have 40' run from the main panel with BX and want to use 14/3 instead of two runs of 14/2. Is there a problem using a double pole breaker (15amp) to feed (with 14/3) a split receptacle and then a lighting circuit on one half and 4 receptacles on the other? Is the only drawback is when one...

How Double Pole Circuit Breaker Trip? [ 9 Answers ]

On my electrical service panel, the "MAIN" breaker is a double pole breaker and each side is marked "100 Amps." Does that mean that when the total amperage exceed 100 one side it will trip, or if the total of both sides exceed 100 amps it will trip? Also, I recently bought a new electric range. I...

One pole of untied double-pole circuit breaker breaks [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new dryer (220 v appliance) to replace an older model. The old dryer was connected to the panel via a double-pole breaker except that there was no clip or tie between the poles. I changed the location of the outlet when installing the new dryer, replacing the cable with the...

View more questions Search