Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mytvhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Please help, a friend gave me a TV sanyo ds31580. I can't get it to go to aux so that my dvd or place station will work. I don't have a remote for it. I did get my dish remote to work to turn it on and off but that is it.:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Mytvhelp,

Please do not enter a new question inside of an open post. I'll see if I can get this opened up as a new item.

You need to see if your dish remote has the capability to learn new code or if you can just program the iFR (infra red) code for the TV into it. Also, If you check you manual for the dish remote, see if it gives a listing of ifr codes by manufacturer. That way all you have to do is look up the TV codes listed under Sylvania, and one by one test the codes on your TV.

Also, most TVs use L1 or L2 for inputs and these are reached by using the channel up/down off the remote. Check to see if your remote as it is set up now, can take you to the alternate inputs.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 08:42 AM
    < mod note: split from other topic>
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Many TV's were designed to make the remote mandatory. This way, when the remote quits working, long before the TV, you have to spend some more money with the company that made the TV.

Check to see if you have a menu button on the front of the TV. If so, you can use the channel and volume buttons to make selections from the menu. Find something in the menu that says "source" or "tuner" or "input". They are usually found in the set up sub menu.

If there is no menu on the TV, you may have to spring for a new Original remote as many of the programmable ones don't access many of the menu features.

Good Luck.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 12:36 PM
    If above advice doesn't help, then Maybe a different code will work. Some codes may turn on/off, another for that manufacturer may work all.
    Worse case, you can insta a $12 modulator from dollar store that will convert video/audio outputs to Coax.
    geno g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2013, 04:50 PM
    I cannot for the life of me get my sanyo TV to switch to video mode either manually or with remote... what am I doing wrong
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 05:26 PM
    If it doesn't have a source or input in menu, try below channel 1?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanyo TV [ 2 Answers ]

32" Model # DS31580. I control this TV with a Dish Network remote. Somehow without knowing it, I've changed the features so that now the current channel is always displayed on screen. I called Sanyo. They said I need the Sanyo remote to change those features. I no longer have the Sanyo remote. I...

Tuning a Sanyo television [ 1 Answers ]

I have just inherited a Sanyo CPP3024-00 (reference number for servicing) television, looks at least ten years old. Four of the six available free to air channels are tuned in perfectly, the other two are either extreemly fuzzy, or not there. How would I remedy this, i.e. tune, or find those other...

View more questions Search