Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelcogp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 02:33 PM
    How do I turn light on in garage when door is opened?
    My Genie garage door opener is old and the circuit board that controls the light coming on and going off has gone bad. So while the door opens and closes just fine, The two light bulbs do not light. I checked around and they are not making the circuit board that I need which is 27504R, is not available.
    So I am looking for a way to have a light come on in the garage when the garage door is open, and to have the light go off when the door is closed.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Magnetic contacts, Alarm type,Normally Open, a relay(fused/protected, with contacts rated for the voltage and current(2 Bulbs?), and a transformer. 24 volt transformer for a 24 volt relay coil.

I would maybe check genie operator, with power off, continuity back to board, look for fuse or reason circuit is interupted.
    Or with power on and during timing cycle, follow from bulb socket back to board, and on board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

2000 Honda civic EX Cab Light won't turn on when door is open [ 1 Answers ]

I've been driving a 2000 Honda Civic Ex for about 6 months and just recently I noticed that the cab light won't come on when I open the door or unlock the doors with the remote. This problem came about unexpectedly and I have no clue as to why. It can be turned on manually (flip the switch) but...

Garage Door Opened On It's Own [ 2 Answers ]

I have a quick question about my garage opener. I was sitting home yesterday when I heard my garage open on it's own. I went down stairs no one was there and I did not see anyone on the street. I guess my question is should I be worried? Was this some random thing or was someone driving by...

Garage Door Opener Light [ 1 Answers ]

It won't go out... besides unscrewing it, how do I get it to go out? The light button isn't turning it off. Thanks.

Garage door opener light [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get the light in my garage door opener to stay on? Unit is a Sears chain drive 1/2 hp. Thanks.

View more questions Search