Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kuzimba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Fixing a ceiling light
    What is the correct wiring for a ceiling light?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2007, 11:11 AM
    You need to repost to electrical and lighting with more details. You need a colored hot and a white neutral in the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan light [ 3 Answers ]

Wherw do you find the replacement metal fitting that holds a screwlesss light globe in place for a hampton bay fan?

Ceiling Fan Light [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled my ceiling fan light pull toggle, and it broke, that I can fix, but the light won't come on, I changed the light, but now when I pull the pull toggle, it does not work. I am not much for electrical things, I am not really into getting electricuted. Is there an easy fix for this? Thank...

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

Light won't come on with new ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Help! :( I just installed a new ceiling fan with a light kit. Everything works well except the light won't turn on. I connected a white wire coming from the ceiling with the white wire coming from the fan along with the blue wire from the light kit, the black wire from the ceiling with the...

Ceiling fan/light [ 9 Answers ]

I did away with the remote receiver and wish to use the wall switch only: I have a wall switch labeled "general purpose ceiling fan control - non solid state." Now this switch has one lever that operates the fan from off to high,medium, L1, L2. Below that lever is another lever that operates the...

View more questions Search