Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DStar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 10:59 AM
    VCR/DVD Player w/ DishNtwork Receiver
    Help... I thought I had my VCR/DVD Player and Dish Network Receiver hooked up correctly until I tried to RECORD a program. I get a mixed up screen and my TV says "No Signal". What am I doing wrong? HELP!
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Sep 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DStar
    Help...I thought I had my VCR/DVD Player and Dish Network Receiver hooked up correctly until I tried to RECORD a program. I get a mixed up screen and my TV says "No Signal". What am I doing wrong? HELP!
    Make sure you are sending a signal "Out" of your Sat box and "In" to the VCR, then on to the TV. Also make sure you have run the initial setup on the VCR side *This MUST be done*. That's the basic stuff. If you are looking to use dual tuners and record one thing and watch something else, that's another chapter. Let us know.
    kadams071807 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregisteredtrademark
    Make sure you are sending a signal "Out" of your Sat box and "In" to the VCR, then on to the TV. Also make sure you have run the inital setup on the VCR side *This MUST be done*. That's the basic stuff. If you are looking to use dual tuners and record one thing and watch something else, that's another chapter. Let us know.
    I recently got divorced and my husband was the one that always hooked up the electronics, therefore I am dumb when it comes to hooking everything up.

I am trying to hook up my DVD player & my VCR to my Dish Network Receiver. I am also wanting to hook it up in a way that I can record something on my VCR and watch another show. Can anyone help me hook it up correctly? Thanks a million! ~ KAdams

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do u/I connect a dvd recorder plus a vcr and a satellite receiver all together? [ 4 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how do u/I connect a DVD recorder plus a VCR and a satellite receiver all together? I also picked up an r f modulator and an s-video cable plus another set of cables one 3prong audio/video thingee and one extra single prong cable for video in/out . So how do I hook all this up...

Connecting DVD player and VCR with one composite jack [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a old Samsung TV with two composite AV jacks, out of which, the front jacks are not working. The rear jacks are working fine and I have connected it to my DVD player. I want to connect my VCR also to my TV. The TV has an Audio-out in the rear, but I am not sure if it is working or...

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

Hook up od VCR and DVD player to Starchoice satellite [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten Starchoice and I have a dvd and vcr player. They installed Sterchoice but not my vcr and dvd. I only have 1 place in the back of my TV, vcr, and dvd player to put rca cbbles but I don't know how to put them.

View more questions Search