Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frvryoung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 10:12 PM
    Sinks backing up
    My bathroom sink backs up to my kitchen sink both seem to back up when I do dishes toilet and shower have no problems I have had soneone come in and snake out drain and flows fine for a while than when I do dishes it backs up into bathroom sink and takes forever to drain what is the problem
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 9, 2011, 07:39 AM
    More details please,
    Howe old ism your home?
    Do you have a dishwasher? Disposal? Are your kitchen and bathroom back to back?
    When you have it snaked out do they snake from a roof vent or from under the kitchen sink?
    Back to you, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 9, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Your drain pipes look a bit like branches on a tree all leading to a trunk. Your clog is in one branch but before the trunk. Whoever did the roding for you either pushed the clog downstream or just didn'treach it. How long ago did he do the rodding and how much did you pay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water from a stand up shower stall is backing up into both bathroom sinks [ 0 Answers ]

When the shower stall is used, the water backs up into both bathroom sinks. The house is old, but all plumbing has been replaced about 5 years ago.

Vessel sinks [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a drain with overflow on a sink without overflow. When I put them together, the holes are under the sink.

Basement Sinks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all! Please help :confused: I moved into inherited my fathers home last year November. Last month I noticed the water from my kitchen sink (upstairs) was ending up in my huge old basement sink behind my washing machine. I couldn't get it down so we snaked it and it went down, I then did a load...

Sinks,Tubs Backing up [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause a bathroom sink and tub to back up when using a dishwasher or washing machine? ***We just had the septic tank emptied, thinking that this was the reason, since everything was backing up. Now I did a load of laundry and in the Kitchen Sink made a loud gurgle noise and then a few...

Drains in sinks [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: Does anyone know how to get the smell out of drains in the sink?

View more questions Search