Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtdrumm3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Does My New Cleaning Business Need To be Bonded?
    I am starting a new Organization and Cleaning business do I need to be bonded? Is a business license enough to get started ?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 11:54 PM

Good evening jtdrumm3,

As a rule of thumb you do not need to be bonded. However if you are bidding and the specifications call for bonding then you will need to be bonded for that particular job. Bonding basically says that if you do not perform the work as required or do not do it at all then you relinquish the bond to that client. When required, you can purchase a bond for a job that you are bidding from your liability insurance company. Which brings me to another point, I would highly suggest that you carry liability insurance, it offers protection to you and the client for any damages that may occur on the job. Many prospects will not contract with service companies that are not insured for liability.

I hope this helped answer your question.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 03:28 PM

Hi, jtdrumm3!

Stringer definitely knows what he's talking about concerning cleaning businesses. I'm interested in knowing what you mean by using the word "Organization", please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Bonded and Insured for my Cleaning Company [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently started my own cleaning company. Is it necessary to get bonded? I want to get insured before I hire more employees, I am just not sure about getting bonded. What are the Pros and Cons of it?

For a cleaning business do you need to be bonded [ 5 Answers ]

How to go about getting bonded

How do I get license and bonded for residential cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

I want to clean any where between 8 to 10 houses every 2 weeks do I have to be license and bonded

Can a convicted felon be bonded and insured to start a cleaning service [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NC and want to start a cleaning service. I know I need to get bonded and insured but I have heard that convicted felons can not be bonded. My conviction was 10 years ago here in NC. Before I spend a lot of time trying to start this business, I would like to know if I can be bonded....

How do I get bonded for a small cleaning business? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get bonded for a small cleaning business?

View more questions Search