Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fpk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Home history
    I believe my home may be haunted or just occupied by those other then my family is there a way to find the history of my home on line ie: murders , suicides etc. please help me on this matter for my minds sake thank you:rolleyes:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 12:59 PM
    You could find out who lived in the home from the tax records. Then when you have the family's name you could do some research through the local newspaper to see if there were any incidents such as a fire or a murder with the family name involved in the incidents.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Check with the local library and/or historical society (local or county). They often have house history files and even photos.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Want to share why you think your home may be haunted?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 07:08 PM
    There is a way to 'bless' your home and make it your own. I'm Scottish and there were a lot of superstitions and old wives tales about this sort of thing while I was growing up. They say to put a penny under the carpet or the lino to bring good fortune to your home. Another one was to sprinkle salt along your door step to keep out unwanted visitors. And, if you are feeling brave, why not simply ask the 'disturbance' to leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History of my home [ 4 Answers ]

We recently purchased a new home located on 12525 Elm Street in Blue Island Illinois 60406. The previous owner mentioned something about his family seeing ghosts/spirits around the house. Would you happen to have any history on this house? Please see attached picture.

History Of my Home [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find the History of my Home?

History of my home [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I was told about a crime that happened at my home years ago. How do I look up the history on the home?

History of my home [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out more about the home I lived in for 15 years. I live at 433 Atlantic ave.East Rockaway Ny 11518. I would like to know any information before the year 194

History of my home [ 1 Answers ]

My raised ranch was built in 1966. As far as I know only one family lived here. Reason for the sell was the housewas to big for the widowed wife who's husband passed some years back. I have now lived here for almost 2 years. It's nothing scary but I am curious. Sometimes I feel as though someone...

View more questions Search