Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shauntemaui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 01:08 PM
    I want a family member to adopt me
    I live in this house with a crazy mother and I can't take no more from her.I need help to get out of this house or else I will lose it and kill myself I am so depressed.so please can someone help me because I am a 15 year old girl without a father:mad:
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Nov 11, 2007, 01:13 PM
    You would need your mother to give you up in order to be able to have someone adopt you. The only other way is having Social Services find that she is an unfit parent. If she's not abusing or neglecting you, it's unlikely that they would find her "unfit". Abuse, neglect, parents using drugs, etc are reasons that Social Services will take children from parents. If you two simply don't get along and butt heads often, that is not a valid reason for them to take you from your parent/guardian. If your mother is abusing/neglecting you or using drugs, I strongly urge you to contact police or tell another adult (a teacher, guidance counselor, a family member you can trust).
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Talk to your school counceler and see if they can get you in the system. Then you can get placed into a home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Family member eviction [ 4 Answers ]

How do I evict my brother-inlaw from my house?

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

How to evict a Family member [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im my mother's power of attorney. My 28 year old nephew (deceased brother's son) is refusing to pay room and board to my 80 year old mother. He only works part time . And rarely does anything for her. Im concerned for her safety . His mother ( ex sister-inlaw) and most of her family are...

Evict family member. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you direct me in how to evict an addicted family member from my apartment. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Thank you

View more questions Search