Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Oct 25, 2007, 06:10 PM
    What are my chances?
    I finally got my SAT scores back, and I'm wondering how likely I am to get into my choice schools. I know you guys aren't admission counselors, but now that I've sent my applications for EA in, I really need some consolation, haha.

I got a 640 on critical reading, a 460 on math (ugh.. I wish I did better), and a 670 in writing. It said I got a raw score of 69 on multiple choice and 8 on the essay. That gives me a total score of 1770 on the new SAT.
    I am going to be taking the SAT II in Math 1 and Bio - Molecular, so hopefully that will give me a chance to improve and show colleges that I can do better than my initial SAT I test in math.
    I've taken AP and honors courses, and done well in them. I had AP English, AP European History, and a few other honors courses, one of them being Anatomy & Physiology, which we used a college textbook for. I had an A average in each, and typically keep an A or B average in all my classes, even before being homeschooled. The only course I've ever really had any trouble with was Algebra II, which I'm retaking this year.
    I'm home schooled so I don't have as many opportunities for team/sports kind of involvement, and there's not too many non-school sports teams around where I live, but I did put down on my application that I enjoy playing guitar, art/graphic design, and work experience I've had.
    I have approximately a 3.3 GPA.

I've applied EA to Northeastern University and Simmons College. I'll also be applying to Regis College, as well as Becker College, UMass Boston, Endicott College, and Boston College (as a reach school). I'll be applying to a couple community colleges as back-ups, too, but I'm not so much concerned about those.
    Northeastern University is definitely my first choice, and Simmons & Regis come in a close second and third. I'd LOVE to go to Boston College, but honestly, I don't think I'd get in there.
    If it makes any difference, I want to go for nursing (RN).
    I'm really only looking for my odds of getting into Northeastern and Simmons, but any opinions you could offer would be helpful. Thank you :)
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Well you did way better then me if that makes you feel any better :-)
    There's this website called college data. https://www.collegedata.com/cs/promo...dds_tmpl.jhtml
    It's really a great site, you have to create a username and everything but it's free. How many AP classes have you taken? That really factors in with everything, so does your SAT score.
    Good luck with getting in!
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Oct 25, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald
    Well you did way better then me if that makes you feel any better :-)
    There's this website called college data. https://www.collegedata.com/cs/promo...dds_tmpl.jhtml
    It's really a great site, you have to create a username and everything but it's free. How many AP classes have you taken? That really factors in with everything, so does your SAT score.
    Good luck with getting in!
    I've taken AP European History and AP English (Lit. & Composition), and gotten A averages in those. I've also taken a good amount of electives (7 credits worth since 9th grade). The electives I've had were 21st Century Living, Advanced 3D Art, Computer Integration, German I, German II, Planning For College, and Latin 1. I've had consistent "good" grades in everything except Algebra, which I'm currently retaking. So yeah. I haven't taken the bare minimum or anything, but I don't do a lot of extracurriculars, simply because 1. they're not very accessible, being home schooled and not having many non-school teams around and 2. because I really don't enjoy playing sports.
    And thanks for recommending that site, I'll definitely use it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my chances? [ 13 Answers ]

My ex and I(separated for 2 years ) have a parenting order in place where he has the 2 girls (ages 5 and 12) every other weekend and they reside with me on a day to day basis. He has breached every stipulation on the order and them some. He hasn't seen the girls since christmas 2006, come to find...

Second Chances. [ 38 Answers ]

Hi all, I was wondering if we can tell stories about our experiences with giving your partner a 'second chance'. What made you decide to give it a second chance. How it went. Did it work out the second time around. And finally... Would you do it again?

What are the chances? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering what are the chances of getting pregnant from just getting fingered I have never had sex and I have missed my period for the month of October and I'm just freaking out I mean I have missed it one time brfore a long time ago but I was just wondering and also I have been very...

View more questions Search