Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

May 9, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Getting approved for an auto loan?
    I'm looking into getting my first car, and my parents are taking out a loan from the bank so that I don't have to make car payments (my insurance is high enough as is, being a new driver). I was wondering how long it typically takes to be approved or denied?
    They have pretty good credit and own a home. We're only looking to get a $2000 loan, and I have looked up the Blue Book value for a used 1994 Jetta GLS. The average for that model in good condition is $2495 and fair is $2905. I believe it's in good condition, because it doesn't need any repairs, etc although there are a few small stains on the interior roof.

How long does it typically take to get approved or denied for this type of loan? And how likely is it that we'll get enough to cover the cost of the car?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 07:55 AM
    When I am sittting at the bank about 2 minutes. One day at most normally. Next please do not "beleive" it is in good condition, have it checked out by a certified mechanic and see if you can get an extended warranty on it.
    The last thing you want is after 2 weeks the transmission going out and you have a 1500 dollar repair to get back on the road
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

May 9, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    When I am sittting at the bank about 2 minutes. One day at most normally. Next please do not "beleive" it is in good condition, have it checked out by a certified mechanic and see if you can get an extended warranty on it.
    The last thing you want is after 2 weeks the transmission going out and you have a 1500 dollar repair to get back on the road
    It actually comes with a 6 month/7500 mile warranty on it (I'm not buying from a private seller), but thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An auto loan and my credit? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a car and financed it through the dealer. The only reason I did this is because I am coming into a large sum of money in a week or so and figured I would just pay off the car loan when that money arrives. However, my credit is not that great and the auto dealer told me that if I made...

Can the bank pull out of an Agreement 4 A car loan a month after I was approved? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the Statute of Limitations on a new car loan? Can the bank pull out of an agreement for a car because they simply "changed their mind," after I've had the car for a whole month? Can they solicite more money from me in order for me to keep the car? Can they reposes the car if I haven't...

Auto loan default [ 4 Answers ]

Good evening: I currently have my auto loan through Wells Fargo bank. I have paid on my loan for the past three years without incident. On December 13, 06 I contacted WF to discuss paying off my loan since I was re-financing my home to clean up debt. They told me the payoff amount and that was...

View more questions Search