Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tigerthecutie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Piercing cartilage with gun not good?
    So for the summer I want to get a piercing on the cartilage (helix). There is two places around my area that does piercings. One is called Piercing Pogoda and I don't know how they pierce ears. And the other place is at Claire's. I know that that place uses a piercing gun. I really want to pierce my cartilage, but I'm now getting scared cause I'm reading articles that say not to get the cartilage pierced with a piercing gun cause it might shatter the cartilage bone. I don't want that to happen. I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do. Which place is best to go? Help! :(
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jul 24, 2008, 07:12 AM
    BAD BAD BAD idea. Do not EVER get pierced with a gun. Anywhere. Not even your ears. Go to a tattoo/piercing shop. They need to do it with a piercing needle, or you can end up with some nasty scar tissue, keloids, etc.
    xrawritsmelissa Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Yeah I had my cartilage pierced at peircing pagoda. Its NOT GOOD! The earring actually ended up breaking in half while it was in my ear.. not a good idea. I decided to get my next peircing (my industrial) at a tattoo shop and I haven't had any pain problems at all. I think that either way you can end up with scarring or scar tissue though because both my cartilage and my bottom hole of my industrial have scarred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced. It is like a regular cartilage piercing and i went to Piercing Pagoda. My ear is swollen but it doesn't hurt. My mom and I don't know whether we should take it out or keep it in and see what happens. They did it with a gun not a needle. Is there a difference between...

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I...

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my left cartilage pierced 1 week and 3 days ago, it is still painful and I still cannot sleep on it. They told me to use Antibactieral Hand Soap on it, but I just couldn't, afraid that I wouldn't get it rinsed good enough. I have used alcohol and ear care stuff. I can move the ring around...

View more questions Search