Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jul 24, 2008, 06:58 AM
    What is the best way to pack for college when driving a long distance?
    I'm beginning to go through my things and am almost done buying what I need for college in the fall. Now comes time to pack :( I've already bought 3 smaller under-the-bed storage bins, so I will be packing some things in there. Since I can't come home before winter break and I'll be in Massachusetts for school, I bought Space Bags to pack my winter clothes, coat, gloves, etc. I know that I should use as many storage boxes (that will be functional when I get to school) to pack as possible, but since there's not very much room in a dorm, there's also not room for too many plastic storage boxes. So, other than the few storage boxes I already have and possibly the few more I can bring, what's the easiest way to pack up everything that I need?

None of my siblings have gone to college, and other members of my family didn't move away from home for college, so I don't really know anyone that I could ask. Being a freshman and never having done this before, I realized that I've got no idea how to go about it! Any suggestions would be a lot of help, thank you :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:03 AM
    When my sister was off to college someone told her to ROLL her clothes instead of folding them because you get more room in the luggage/containers. We checked both ways and DID get more packed with rolling.
    Hope that is a bit helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College daughters are driving me nuts! [ 1 Answers ]

I have two beautiful daughters who are roommates at college. One works, one doesn't. The one who doesn't work is disrespectful, is dating a guy we don't like (he's lazy and spoiled too), and she has turned into a person I don't even know or recognize. I'm heartsick. We (the three of us) have always...

Long distance [ 3 Answers ]

I'm usually on here giving advice, but here I am needing some. I'll make it sweet and simple. I am moving due to financial reasons and will undoubtedly improve my situation once I move to my new location. She's staying but she really has no ties to where she currently lives as she's moved from...

The long distance or is it him? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sorry if this story is long but the background is important. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got...

AT & T Long Distance [ 0 Answers ]

I think I'm ready to notify AT & T that we no longer want them as our long distance carrier. I've read and heard some nasty tales about AT & T. With this in mind, what's the best way to proceed? Also, should my letter be sent to their Avenue of the Americas address? Yes, I'm probably overly...

View more questions Search