Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmbfreek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Indoor AC/heating unit making loud noise
    Hi, I have a Day&Night central forced air unit that will make the large duct work that connects to all the smaller ducts to it vibrate and it makes a vibrating noise so loud that we can hear it upstairs. When I first turn the unit on it will be fine but after a minute or so the vibrating begins and after a few minutes, it trips the breaker. Also, I get no cool air from the vents at all. Thanks for any advise.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
    I believe you have a blower motor problem. Take the blower panel off and start it up to see if the blower motor works or is vibrating. Also just for fun check your air filter.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
    I agree, sounds like a motor problem, maybe the bearings.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Could just be a mouse or something stuck in the blower wheel, sounds funny but we see it all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace (heat pump) making *really* loud noise. [ 2 Answers ]

Seeing as I don't know next to anything about heating/ac, I decided I'd post here to see if anyone had any idea. The setup is some old heat pump/furnace/water heater/etc, which all of a sudden at around 3:00am this morning decided to make a VERY loud noise. I had to shut it off (the furnace is a...

My ceiling fan is making a loud noise [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and a few months ago it started making a really loud humming sound all of the time. I have no idea how to fix it. We tried WD 40 but nothing changed. Please help, the noise is driving me crazy!

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

AC unit outside making grinding noise [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned on the unit my neighbor came over and said it was making a loud "grinding" noise coming from the compressor. I immediately turned it off and didn't hear the sound myself. It wasn't on long enough for me to determine if it was cooling inside. I do remember thinking that it wasn't doing...

Ac Making Loud Noise [ 1 Answers ]

My AC makes a loud noise when cycling. Also it never gets any cooler than 75. Could this be my compressor? How hard is this to fix yourself?

View more questions Search