Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Madison239 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 01:18 PM
    My ceiling fan is making a loud noise
    I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and a few months ago it started making a really loud humming sound all of the time. I have no idea how to fix it. We tried WD 40 but nothing changed. Please help, the noise is driving me crazy!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Squeeking, rattling, whining, or knocking, or all of the above. I'm sure it changes with speed?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 02:05 PM
    See:

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

And report back!
    Madison239 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    Squeeking, rattling, whining, or knocking, or all of the above. I'm sure it changes with speed?

It is more of a steady humming sound and gets louder the higher the speed of the fan.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Sounds like something is loose. Check all screws and glassware.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace (heat pump) making *really* loud noise. [ 2 Answers ]

Seeing as I don't know next to anything about heating/ac, I decided I'd post here to see if anyone had any idea. The setup is some old heat pump/furnace/water heater/etc, which all of a sudden at around 3:00am this morning decided to make a VERY loud noise. I had to shut it off (the furnace is a...

Fan making funny noise when turned on and off [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner all of a sudden started making a loud noise when it turns on. The noise continues while the A/C is running.When the A/C cuts off it sounds almost like the fan needs to be oiled. It sort of makes a loud noise when the fan is cutting off like a slow clinking while it is cutting...

Rheem Criterion Furnace fan keeps coming on and off constantly with loud noise [ 14 Answers ]

Rheem Criterion Furnace fan keeps coming on and off constantly with a loud noise. Can someone please help me? Paul::confused:

Ac Making Loud Noise [ 1 Answers ]

My AC makes a loud noise when cycling. Also it never gets any cooler than 75. Could this be my compressor? How hard is this to fix yourself?

View more questions Search