Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtraer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Thermostat Compressor relay
    An AC technician serviced my unit today and told me my compressor was cycling (turning on and off) too quickly. He suggested I change out my thermostat, which I did last January. I installed a Honeywell RTH 230B. I can't find any info as to whether it has a compressor relay or anything else that would slow it's cycle. Anyone got any info/advice?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Your thermostat has a built in time delay for A/C. Look under section 3 (Basic functions) in the file below. Your ac will be held off for 5 minutes according to this Honeywell file. Then look at number 4 Configure menu. There it will list how you can adjust your A/C part of the thermostat cycle on time.

All of this information was contained with the paperwork that came with your thermostat when you opened the box. Always read all the instructions contained with items you buy.

Here is the link.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1800.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Compressor and/or thermostat not operating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier AC-Furnace combination. My wife noticed that our outside air conditioning compressor wasn't operating yesterday. I checked and operated all of the circuit breakers, both inside and outside (by the compressor). However, I noticed that the furnace fan, which blows the air,...

AC Compressor turns on, no furnace blower with new thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a simple 4 wire, 1 stage cooling, 1 stage gas heat system. Over the winter I replaced my Honeywell CT3200 programmable thermostat with a Totaline Wireless Thermostat System. The receiver is model P474-1100REC. The sender is model P474-1100RF. The thermostat worked great through the...

AC Compressor [ 2 Answers ]

The AC unit in my house is 25 years old, and it's not big enough for the size of our house, it is also not very energy efficient. We have a home warranty that we got when we bought our house and it’s due to expire in a couple of months. Is there something we can do to “break” the compressor so the...

Compressor [ 2 Answers ]

Hey we were out of town then came back and the ac breaker was tripped after turning on the fans run but the compressoe never kicks in we never had any problems with this unit before can some one give us some ideas were to start thanks:D

RTH230B Thermostat A/C Relay Not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I have read several postings on here about this subject, but have not really found the answer to my problem. I am having similar trouble with my relatively new RTH230B Thermostat (Mainly the A/C won't work properly). I installed it this past fall and my gas furnace worked like a charm. However,...

View more questions Search