Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    effie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 02:51 PM
    A/C blowing warm air
    Hi I live in a double wide mobile home I have central air that is only blowing cold air through one side of home the other side is blowing out air its just a warm please help single Mom of 3 can't afford repair man:(
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
    When they put the 2 halves of the trailer together they connected the 2 main trunks with a piece of ductwork under the house, that is where I would start looking, sorry so unspecific, but it is hard to tell from where I sit. Just one more thing maybe you can tell us if the a/c is unitary (furnace blows the air) or if it is a self contained/package unit ( the outside unit blows the air into the house).

May 24, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Hi yes the furnace blows the air, the air unit was put in couple yrs ago I did have it charged last summer but problem still there sorry not sure what else to add I'm a girl that don't know a thing about this kind of stuff lol thanks for replying so soon
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Sorry, you need a really good friend to crawl under the home and see if that duct for the crossover came loose, it could be concealed above plastic and insulation, they usually install it in the trunk very close to the furnace.

May 24, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Thanks again I will try there and have a good day:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blowing not warm air [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a single story Ranch house about a month ago and have noticed that the furnace runs for very long periods and furnace blowing only very cool air. Kind of like a spring day. We looked at the board and switched the fan from hi to low and the vents now blow out a little warmer...

Warm air distribution in basement [ 3 Answers ]

I am renovating the rec room in my basement. The heating system is forced air. Currently, the warm air in the basement is distributed through ducts in the floor joists above. The warm air outlets are in the ceiling of the rec room, so the air blows down into the room. On the first and second...

Hot Air Register not blowing air [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a register that does not appear to be blowing any air. The register is located approximately 4 feet from another register that is blowing just fine. I can hear the furnace working through the register that is not blowing, yet nothing seems to be coming out. This suggests to me that the...

No Warm Air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Yorx Natural gas furnace. When I turn it on by the thermostat, the pilot warms up, the gas lites and air begins to blow for a few seconds. Then the gas shuts off and the system continues to blow only cold air. What is the problem?

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search