Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fisherma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Central air unit
    I have a central air and heating unit that's about 5 yrs. Old. It will blow air out but not at the temperature that we want. What would be the problem of this unit? Also, my wife had a window open for the last three days would this affect the unit?

Thanks myron
    ssr202 Posts: 12, Reputation: 5

Apr 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
    You may need to have the freon checked. It could be low and need some added. Your coil may need to be cleaned as well. It will effect the temperature and the effectiveness of your A/C if the window is left open. It can also make the unit pull harder to cool the house to the temp you have set, thus your electric meter is is overdrive.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 02:17 PM
    What temperature was coming out? What was the temperature in the house? Did I miss something, or did you tell us if it was set to heat or cool?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2007, 02:43 PM
    What was the stat set on when it wasn't reaching the desired temp. heat/cool? What kind of temps do you have across the coil in a/c ? And what is the tempature in the house?. We really need more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contactor is not being activated on central air unit [ 2 Answers ]

What activates the contactor relay on a central air unit.

Central air unit staying on? [ 15 Answers ]

I've noticed over the past two weeks that our central air unit is staying on most of the day. We have it set at 75 and have it on AUTO. Now I know when it hits 76 that its suppose to kick on.. and kick off at 74 right? Well the problem is that it will run for about 6 hours during the day and not...

Central air conditioner unit outside problems [ 7 Answers ]

At the end of the season last year we noticed in the central air conditioning unit outside that there was a clicking noise and then smelled like something burning. I am worried about this and what it may be? Cost wise? And going to have to do something since the hot weather will be here very soon....

Central Heat/blows cold air in unit downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

\ Our heating unit (central) is blowing cold air. This is only occurring in downstairs unit. There are 2 separate units in the home. Any ideas on what to do before calling an expert? The HVAC unit is all electric. It is set to Auto. We had problems with the A/C where you gad to set the...

Knocking in central air while unit is not running [ 1 Answers ]

I am hearing loud knocking noises inside the air handler unit of my central air/heat unit located in my attic. This knocking is intermittent and I have only heard it while the unit is not running. I did not notice the noise until the winter and I started using the heat. Any ideas of what this...

View more questions Search