Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vessel Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Carrier furnace won't ignite
    I own a carrier furnace Infinity installed in 1994 model p21559 B.V. the ignitor does not ignite and the blower does not blow. The thermostat reads hold -AC .This furnace has been a problem since it has been installed.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Looks like you might have lost low voltage. Start by checking the transformer for 24 volts and then proceed to check all items powered by 24 volts to find defective part. Post back if you do not find anything wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace won't ignite sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 15 yr old carrier weathermaker gas forced air furnace model 58sxa080 the furnace works fine most of the time although every so often usually in the mourning and sometimes during the day ( after the thermostat sets itself back to 65 overnight) when the thermostat calls for the...

Furnace will not ignite in Auto mode. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong-Air Gas-Fired furnace G1D91AU and a programmable thermostat which when I set to heat and says system on but the furnace is not turning on. If I set the thermostat to ON the furnace runs but is blowing cold air. It this a problem with my thremostat or my furnace itself? I...

Lennox G12 Furnace won't ignite [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have problems with my Furnace. I currently have a Lennox G12RD2-82-3 from 1980. Last week I replaced the furnace blower but now the furnace won't ignite. These are the conditions: --the pilot is always on -- I have replaced the thermocouple --the thermostat is OK --the blower kicks on...

View more questions Search