Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdmaynard Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 01:58 PM
    GFI Breaker Trips
    Greetings all!

I have a 15 amp GFI breaker that trips anytime something is plugged into any of the outlets on that circuit.

I have used a circuit tester and it appears everything is normal but still when I plug anything at all into any of the outlets the breaker trips.

What would cause this to happen.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
    If several items were tried in the outlets, I suspect the breaker to be defective, barring any miswired neutrals or grounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New 15A breaker trips main 100A breaker [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've been finishing my basement and I added a few 15A breakers One room has 8 outlets in series with the first starting about 6 feet from the main panel. There is currently no load on this outlets. When installing the drywall I accidentally shorted the outlet closest to the panel. It...

New GFI Circuit Breaker trips [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a GFI circuit from my breaker box and am faulting. I'm confident that I installed the breaker correctly with the breaker pigtail going to the power return bus and the black and white wires going to the correct terminals. If I operate the breaker without the earth grd connected it...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

GFI in the panel trips [ 1 Answers ]

I am working in a temporary building with; 16 offices, 16 A/c units, 4 people per office, computers and printers on every desk, refrigerators and battery back-ups plugged into every outlet available. There is a high load and power provided by a large 40 or 60 KW generator. The entrance panel has...

GFI Outlet Trips [ 4 Answers ]

We have an exterior GFI outlet that started continually tripping and then quit altogether. We installed a new one but it also is tripping frequently. Anyone have any suggestions please.

View more questions Search