Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dean19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2016, 06:36 AM
    What does 2 stage heat and 2 stage cool mean
    What does 2 stage heat, 2stage cool mean ?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 16, 2016, 08:31 AM
    I can only speak for a AC unit. Most large scale AC units have multistage cooling. If you're AC unit is only dealing with a light load, it doesn't need to be completely only so only the first stage will be running. Depending on the size of the unit, this could mean that it is only running at half capacity or even less. It is a feature that extends the useful life of the unit in question.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2016, 08:59 AM
    The stages refer to BTU output. Many basic heaters have a single stage BTU burner and a multi speed motor. 2 stage units will have a programmed 2 BTU output and motor speed. Same basic concept for AC except in reverse. They cost more but theoretically save money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire conversion for 2-stage heat/1-stage cool thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

What is the conversion for wire connections from a Lennox to a White-Rodgers 1F72-151. The old connections were: G, W1, W2, Rc, Rh, Y1 and Y2. The new connections are: W2, E, O/B ,R ,L ,G, C and Y

Two stage vs single stage heat pump compressors- How much energy does a 2 stage save? [ 1 Answers ]

I am comparing 5 ton heat pumps; some with 2 stage compressors and some with single. Does the two stage really save that much energy when on a 5 ton compressor? Is it worth an extra $1200?

2-stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is meant by the term "2-stage heat 1 stage cool"? I am trying to select a programmable thermostat for my Carrier 38EYG048300 Comfort heat pump.

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 6 Answers ]

Anyonw know how to hook this up with a dpdt relay There is 5 wires , outdoor heat for stage 1 heat , propane gas for stage 2 hear Thanks For any help :confused:

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search