Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stewart windeler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Ruud varible speed air handler
    I am installing a new two stage heat pump, rudd IUHPL. The 24 volt transformer is in the air handler. The transformer is energized and putting out 24 vt. Which enters the circuit board. The red wire leaving the board is 0 vt. As I understand the system this red wire is supposed to supply 24 vt to the thermostat and outside unit. Are my assumptions correct?
    What conditions can cause this problem? The service books shipped with the units are not correct and do not include wiring diagrams or a help number to call at Ruud.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 12, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I'm not familiar with this model but some have door switches that won't allow the unit to operate unless the blower door is closed. Sorry, but that's all I can suggest without the diagram.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 07:26 PM
    If you have 24 volts from the transformer in to the control board and not at the R and C on the board you have a blown low voltage fuse or open limit. Check the fuse first (3 or 5 amp automotive fuse center of the board).
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
    If it is a true variable speed DC motor circuit you will also have to set the dip switches to match your system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Ruud Air Conditioner or Heat Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced my Old Thermostat with a Honeywell CT87A 4447 about a year ago and only the Air conditioner/ cooling part works now. It worked perfectly well before, now the heat will not operate. There is only 4 wires R W G B, the unit is a Ruud Model #USNd-036J MFG Date 1989. Is this unit a heat...

Replace air handler with variable speed [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can replace a standard air handler on a 5 ton system with a variable speed air handler without replacing the outside unit. The electronics on the air handler will be different but does the compressor work full time or not.

Prob. Variable Speed Air handler [ 2 Answers ]

A Trane XL14i heat pump was installed 6/8/05. The variable speed air handler fan only runs at full speed or off, but not slow when demand is low. The dealer's tech has replaced 2 electronic modules, to no avail. He can't seem get expert advice from Trane. I would greatly appreciate any advise to...

View more questions Search