Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antipode12 Posts: 248, Reputation: 8

Aug 6, 2015, 10:33 PM
    There was black mold in my window A/C. Do I sanitize the house?
    I found black mold growing on the inside vents of one of my window A/C units (the unit that gets much less sunlight).

Since I could not identify what kind of mold it was (dangerous or regular), and since I am moving in a few weeks to a new apartment with its own A/C units, I decided to slowly remove the unit from the window, seal it in a plastic bag, and take it out of the apartment to be discarded in the trash.

Question: does it stand to reason that I need to disinfect the curtains/carpet, bedding in the room/apartment since the A/C was blowing mold all over the place? How does one go about doing this most efficiently?

Question 2: does anyone want a moldy A/C unit?!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2015, 07:52 AM
    No worry. It is probably mildew, not the dreaded but greatly overrated "black Mold".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black mold [ 2 Answers ]

We are installing a new toilet and discovered that condensation had left the subfloor dark with water damage. We have sprayed the area several times with Black mold killer, but are wondering if there is more that we should be doing. Is this enough to eliminate the mold on such a porous material...

Black mold? [ 6 Answers ]

A worker of mine is sick, his kids and wife are sick. Their apartment flooded in Nov of 2010. Nothing has been done. Same carpet and black mold coming out of vents. He keeps calling but they never come. He can't afford to break lease and he has no place else to go. I am wondering what is standard...

Black mold on outside house on vinyl surfaces. [ 1 Answers ]

Every year I have to wash the outside walls, fascia and soffit of my house where the vinyl is. It seems the ouest side is the worst. I wash it with water and some bleach and it start reappearing the year after. Could it be that in summer every morning there is a dew on the ground and on the house.

Black Mold [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a law or any city regulations in the state of Kentucky regarding black mold being on or in rental property?

Polluted house system - how to sanitize [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house in the country that uses spring water. The filters failed and we got polluted water with worms in it into the house system. How do I sanitize the house system once I replace the filter so the water will be safe to drink? Thanks

View more questions Search