Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesbond00712342002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Honeywell rth230b
    I installed the honeywell rth230b thermostat in the house for a furnace. I hooked all the yellow wire green wire and white wire up to each of the corresponding holes for each color
    I have a red wire and two holes for rc and rh not sure which hole to put the wire and is it supposed to be jumpered between the rc and the rh. I don't that they are jumpered. Can someone tell how to tell if they are or not?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond00712342002
    i installed the honeywell rth230b thermostat in the house i hooked all the wires up to each port but it will work in manual mode but it doesnt come on in auto mode. also can some one tell me how this is supposed to be jumpered between the rc and the rh. I dont that they are jumpered. can someone tell how to tell if they are or not?
    Would you be a little more clear on what you did and what kind of equipment you have. Is this for a furnace or a heat pump, give us some wire colors and the terminals that you connected to.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Here you go. If you cannot figure it out from this diagram then you better call for a service man to wire it for you. Improper wiring can cause the new thermostat to short and you can also damage your HVAC system.

http://customer.honeywell.com/Techli...0s/69-1800.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH230B thermostat [ 39 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat. The existing wires are Yellow, Green, Red and Black The ports available in the new system are W, Y, G and the Rc and Rh terminals are jumpered. Which wire do I put in the W port? (Red or Black), then what do I do with the one that is not...

Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a very old thermostat, White-Rodgers 135-415, which I'd like to convert to a Honeywell RTH230B. Currently there are only 3 wires that are connected to the thermostat (which is only for my apartment's heat. White wire is connected to what looks to be labeled "Common" Black...

Honeywell RTH230B Programing [ 4 Answers ]

I have lost the programming instructions for my Thermostat RTH230B Does anyone here have a set they can copy? Eternal Gratitude Forthcoming

Honeywell rth230b [ 4 Answers ]

This winter I installed honeywell rth230b. Heater works great, but I have no a/c. I have 6 wires from wall. Rh--red Rc--blue W--white Y--yellow G--green Brown not being used Help it is 90 deg. I need my a/c Thank you all

Honeywell RTH230B [ 6 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat but am not sure of the wiring. I have 6 wires colored as follows, red, green, white, yellow, and 2 blue wires. Please advise?

View more questions Search