Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Novanda Howard Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 20, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Breaker for AC Tripping
    I have a split system & Air Handler. Any idea why the breaker keeps tripping?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Bad compressor or capacitor most likely
    Dpfiling Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 08:32 PM
    While less likely than the previous examples given, circuit breakers do get old and can get weak. This is called "nuisance tripping." Try replacing the breaker.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 05:35 AM

Could be a burnt wire, bad fan motor. Lots of stuff could cause this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treadmill Tripping Breaker [ 21 Answers ]

We just bought a new mid-range treadmill rated for 11 amps. Our house is relatively new (about 2 years) and the electrical was checked for code by a home inspector when we purchased the house. The treadmill manual stated it was required that it be plugged into a single outlet surge suppressor...

Breaker keeps tripping [ 24 Answers ]

I need to figure this out. I have two 15 amp space heaters in my garage and when I turn them both on it throws the breaker. The breaker at box for this is rated at 20amps. I have been told that I can run both on high and won't throw the breaker. I also replaced the old breaker with a new one (same...

Pendant Light Tripping Breaker [ 2 Answers ]

We just purchased 3 Hampton Bay pendant lights. Each are 12 volt w/ 50 watt bulb with a transformer in each. Here's the problem - My fiancé (an electrical engineer who's hooked up many lights etc) connected one light to test before we cut into the ceiling to set-up the 3 lights since we're...

Maytag dryer keeps tripping breaker [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag Ensignia electric dryer keeps tripping the breaker, 2-3 times with every load. It feels like the dryer might be running a little hotter than usual. What might cause this? Is it something I can fix myself? Thanks.

A/c power breaker tripping [ 2 Answers ]

I have dual a/c units to control the upstairs and downstairs of my residence. I have isolated my problem of no cold air to the breaker panel. I need help identifying what the possible reasons may be for the breaker tripping. There are two breakers (one coming directly from the a/c units with a...

View more questions Search