Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Hook up
    How do you connect a waterline for a frig. The copper pipe is sticking out of the wall how do I connect the water line
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 09:43 PM
    You need to install a stop or valve on that pipe. Buy a stop that will reduce down to the size of the flexible copper tubing you are going to run to the frig. Not a bad idea to add an in-line filter to that tubing at this point. The frig should have an inlet that allows the copper tubing to connect with a not and a flare.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Most lines to an icemaker are 1/4". most connections used to be 1/4" flare. Now, most connections are 1/4" compression. Home depot carries fittings and supply lines for icemaker hookups. You also can get plastic slip fittings to connect pipes together or compression fittings. You also can get a kit with a 10 foot pre-made line that has rubber o rings to make for easier connections. Put a needle valve behind the fridge and bleed out the line before you make the final connection. An icemaker filter does add much to the quality of the taste if you get a carbon filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know how to hook up my new thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a honeywell thermostat. I only have 4 wires coming out of my wall. Green--wired to the 'C' on the old thermostat Red----wired to the 'C' on the old thermostat White---wired to the 'W' on the old thermostat Black---wired to the 'P' on the old thermostat I purchased a RTH7500...

Hook up [ 1 Answers ]

How would you hook-up the following? Satellite, cable box, dvd player (w/component cables) and vcr to a TV with, 2 a/v connections on the back 1 componet connection on back and 1 s-video on the back? I also have an A/B switch and splitter. I currently can watch either the SAT or the cable box, but...

Wireless hook up [ 3 Answers ]

I have I speed internet, how do I hook that up to my wireless G router?? :confused:

Dryer Hook UP [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a washer and dryer delivered tomarrow and I wanted to know how do I hook up a (gas) Dryer? The gas and Venting for the dryer are already their, what else do I need to do? Thanks!!

Sewer hook up [ 4 Answers ]

I am presently on a septic system. Thanks to a new housing development I now have a sewer line 45 feet from the house. I got the permit and have taken care of the impact fees. I know there is a min. slope when installing sewer drain but I was wandering if you can have too much slope. With my house...

View more questions Search