Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hansgrim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 05:34 PM
    How can I bypass a faulty dual zone controller board?
    I have a faulty dual zone controller board that I have nursed along for a quite some time now, but it's finally really dead. I can't afford to replace it so I was wondering if I might bypass it and connect my primary thermostat directly to the AC unit itself. Can anyone tellme if this is a viable quick fix and which wires I might need to pair? Here's a pic of my board with the wire colors written in.

Please help! It's hot, it's Texas and my wife is going to murder me if I don't get the house cooler soon!

Attached Images

T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2012, 08:59 PM
    Disconnect the wires from the thermostat and zone damper at the zone control board and manually open the duct damper you are discontinued from using.
    rje Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top View Post
    Disconnect the wires from the thermostat and zone damper at the zone control board and manually open the duct damper you are discontinued from using.
    What do you do with the wires you disconnected and are we talking wires on the bd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual zone heating - downstairs zone sweltering [ 4 Answers ]

I have dual zone heating in my condo and the upstairs is working fine but the downstairs is sweltering hot. (80 degrees) I am not cooking and do not have my clothes dryer running. The thermostat is only set to 68 but the system still keeps kicking on. This just started last night. The thermostsat...

Dual zone - no heat in zone one [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier forced air dual zone heating and cooling system with programmable t-stats at the first and second floor of my house. The unit is in the attic. The problem is at the first floor. The heat does not work at this level. When the user set temperature goes below 3 degrees than the room...

Faulty defrost controller board? [ 3 Answers ]

I have as split-unit heat pump. When I got home the other day, it was 90 degrees! The air coming out of the vents was warm. However, neither the outside fan nor the compressor were running. A technician told me that the controller board was faulty but he would not be able to replace the board until...

View more questions Search