Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeang09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 09:07 PM
    Leaking water heater tank
    Water heater tank above ceiling leaking.

Is it repairable? Agent wants to charge $450 to replace.

How does the inside of a water heater tank look like?

My husband seal the copper pipe that he thought was leaking but the leaking still comes out from below. Where did it come from?

Can we seal it ourselves?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 09:10 PM
    I'm no plumber but I have dealt with enough water heaters to know that 99% of the time, if the tank is leaking, you pretty much need to replace the whole unit.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2012, 02:05 AM
    Hot water heaters are not something to fool with. Who is the "agent ". If this is your home, $450 is very reasonable as the heater costs that much. If this is an apartment, it should be done by the owner, free of charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water danger would tighting a sprayer head to my water tank to keep it from leaking? [ 0 Answers ]

My water tank was leaking so I tighted a steal garden hose spayer head to it. It stopped for a while but now it's leaking again. I want to drain the tank but the sprayer head is attached to that part. How can I safely remove the spayer head to drain the water from my tank and what danger is this?

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 4 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem water heater. It is leaking

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 2 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem hot water tank. 40 gallon model # 21IR40DV

Water leaking from toilet tank lid -- is water supposed to come out here? [ 7 Answers ]

I've recently noticed water on the floor behind our toilet. I could see that water was dripping from the top of the tank so I opened the lid to see what was going on and this is what I saw... http://www.flickr.com/photos/28827283@N07/3279924737/ Is this normal?? I checked the other...

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank?

View more questions Search