Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dturn85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Why goodman furnace won't heat
    Goodman furnace approx 20 yrs old! Won't come on to heat! Its like its not getting command to heat! Replaced thermostat! Same thing! One time I recycled power from circuit board and it fired up while I was holding in safety switch! Once I let go and put cover back on same thing! Any thoughts?? Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 10:46 AM
    If you hold the switch and it heats, looks like the element is good.
    The thermostat usually connects the red(24 volts)to the w or white wire/terminal. I would jump at thermostat for a test or verify switching of thermostat contacts.
    I wonder if the safety switch is to disable the unit if the cover is removed. Check any switches and look for a diagram. 20 years ago the boards weren't too complicated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comfortmake gas furnace - won't heat up [ 0 Answers ]

When I try to turn on my furnace I cannot get it to go on all the time. When I request it to heat up- I can see the pilot light light up and it ignites the flames for about 10 seconds and then it shuts off? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Goodman furnace not enough heat [ 5 Answers ]

My goodman furnace will not keep up in cold temperatures. Can I increase the amount of heat it puts out. Seems like air coming from vents is not that warm.

No heat in goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Goodman furnace. The flame came on for about 5-10 sec and keep cycle for about3-4 times and then everything stops. The LED flash one that indicates ignition, gas flow, gas pressure.. I changed Flame Sensor still not work. Please help me out as well before I call the service man.. Thank you very...

Goodman furnace/ no heat [ 10 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace was working just fine the other day, but now I can hear it trying to start up but nothing happens. The cold air works just fine. It has no pilot light, works with internal ignition. I've done what the maunal suggests to check before calling someone out but nothing has changed....

View more questions Search