Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ydufresne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Carrier 58PAV Furnace - Burners won't ignite
    Our Carrier Furnace 58PAV (installed in 1997) is malfunctioning. The fan will run, but the burners do not ignite and then it shuts off. Any suggestions?

Thank you kindly.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2012, 04:04 AM
    I'd bet on the Hot Surface Ignitor. See this post for more info.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burners to gas furnace will not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

The burners to my Day & Night Gas furnace will not ignite. I hear a clicking noise and pilot turns on but the burners will not ignite. I can turn the thermostat to on and the blower works??

Furnace burners ignite but won't stay lit on my trane xe78 furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE78 furnace and the flames come on for about 5-10 seconds and then shut off. They re-ignite about 10 seconds later, then shut off 5-10 seconds after the 2nd ignition. I believe they flame on one more time, shut off and then never re-ignite and the blower just runs and runs with...

Carrier furnace 58PAV LED light [ 0 Answers ]

Our carrier furnace 58 pav led light is on, but not blinking, is this an issue or normal?

Carrier furnace 58pav no heat [ 0 Answers ]

58PAV - I just changed the ancient Honeywell mercury thermostat with a 5-2 progammable, the same one I put in my office. Now the da*n thing won't fire. The Statue Led is ON constantly, indicating a loss of 24V somewhere. I'm sure it is a fuse, but the only one I found is a 3A automotive type. ...

Gas furnace burners won't ignite [ 4 Answers ]

17 year old gas furnace... burners won't ignite. What are the logical troubleshooting steps to solve this problem?

View more questions Search