Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BostonBob Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Honeywell T87F 2873 -- No heat AGAIN.
    About once a year, usually when it gets particularly cold, my heat conks out. I have the old, manual Honeywell T87F 2873 round thermostat, and have made sure the unit is "asking for heat" from the furnace (mercury tilted to the left).

Still nothing.

I live in a 4-unit apartment building with the furnace is the basement. Should I get ahold of the landlord (not always the easiest thing in the world)? Try something else with the thermostat? Or, as a person recommended yesterday, go down to the basement and check the electrical box (fuse?)?

Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 01:30 PM
    It is the landloards problem. Have him fix it.

Feb 21, 2007, 03:03 PM
    She's in Italy for the next month and a half. And left no instructions on who to call for maintenance.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Well maybe you could call the highest rated contractor in town and have it fixed for good. Might run that by our real estate law forum first.

Go to https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html Maybe start with the section on determining if it is the furnace or thermostat.

Feb 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Ha! I like your first suggestion best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Thermostat Furnace heat not on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We installed a new Honeywell Deluxe 5-2 Programmable Thermostat (RTH6300B) last week. We have a Carrier Furnace that is 15 years old, I believe. We've noticed that the temperature of our house doesn't seem to be reaching the temperature it's set for but have been so busy and out so much...

Honeywell - Heat OK, A/C not [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I replaced my original digital thermostat with a Honeywell CT3200 programmable thermostat today. The heat settings work great and the unit turns on and off when it should; but when testing the air conditioning no luck. The thermostat says the system is on when cooling but the...

Honeywell thermostat heat/cool in Rheem 2 stage furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell 1 Heat/1Cool thermostat (TH6110D1013) that I would like to use with a Rheem 2 stage gas heat furnace. I think it is possible but would I get the same benefits as having a thermostat with 2 heat/1 cool? Would I just connect the W terminal on the Thermostat to the W2 on the...

Honeywell rth230b- heat is working but not the air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine replaced my thermastat with the Honeywell rth230b. The heating is working but the air conditioning is not. I have checked to make sure the breaker wasn't tripped. What else could be the problem?:confused: Thank you:

Honeywell rth6300B for Heat Pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Can the Honeywell RTH6300B programmable thermostat be used on a carrier heat pump 38ycb o36300 model? The compatibility chart lists heatpump but a question that it not compatible with a heat pump with auxiliary heat... I do not know if my unit has this... thanks for your help and advice

View more questions Search