Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ncpapa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Gas Pack verses Dual Fuel
    I live in North Carolina and I have a gas pack hvac unit now, I'm going to replace it with an 16 seer. Which is the best unit,DUAL FUEL OR GAS PACK, and what brand TRANE ,RHEEM,
    dllmft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 02:17 PM
    I also live in NC, and have a gas pack hvac downstairs that has completely rusted through inside after only 6 and a half years.(Don't get anything made by Rudd. I think Rudd is made by Rheem.) We are recommended to go with a 16 seer Trane, dual fuel. Just spoke with the local utility company and they say that in terms of cost of utilities, it is a toss-up as to whether I go with dual fuel or gas pack as the price of natural gas is the lowest it has been in 15 years. No telling how that will change over time, however. What did you end up getting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Dual Fuel with fossil fuel kit to VP IAQ stat with outdoor sensor [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to get rid of my TAYPLUS103A which is malfunctioning. I recently purchased a new VP IAQ with outdoor sensor for HP lockout. I am a little confused on wiring. My HP has the following connections: T (not used) O X2 Y R B

Gas pack unit smell gas when heat turned off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas pack heating & air conditioner unit in a rental home & the tenants say they can smell gas in the house when the air conditioner is turned on. I have had the unit serviced & they could not find anything wrong with the unit. Have you ever heard of this happening? The regulator is close...

Dual pack heater air conditioner( heil) [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced circuit board,and smart valve on a heil dual pack heater and air condtioner unit, thermostat also new but my heater just keeps running I have to shut off breaker to unit to start and stop,had new circuit board tested and they say its working fine,anyone have any other ideas.. model...

Dual pack heater/air conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

I have replaced circuit board,and smart valve on a heil dual pack heater and air condtioner unit, thermostat also new but my heater just keeps running I have to shut off breaker to unit to start and stop,had new circuit board tested and they say its working fine,anyone have any other ideas.. model...

Dual-pack blower fan doesn't work [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I have two dual-packs on my roof, with identical thermostats. I like to run them in the "fan" mode early in the morning with the windows open to get some cool air throughout the house. This morning the blower fan for thermostat "A" would not run in the "cool" mode, nor the "off" mode. For...

View more questions Search