Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emibarb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 05:26 PM
    NG furnace flames out each restart
    100K BTU ng,Honeywell 1982 furnace.
    New filters, good intake(I think). Has worked fine until last 2.5 weeks.

Pilot light is fine, main gas ignites and will stay lit for about 20 seconds. The honeywell hi/lo limit switch clock turns to main fan, sometimes it will reach the fan on temp, but rarely.

I have tried to start/restart to get temp up to main fan temp to no avail. Flame out still within 20 seconds. There is a valve shutting it down as you can notice the slow fading. Sometimes it will kick back on for a few more seconds, but then shut down again.

I assume at this time, the hi/lo limit switch is failing.
    Tks
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Honeywell furnace? Check the sticky on top of main page for information that could help us more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace won't restart [ 27 Answers ]

Furnace will not restart, when temp. drops. When you turn the furnace switch off and then on the furnace will restart. This will happen several times a day, if nobody is home for a while it can get pretty cold.

Lennox Electric Furnace doesn't restart [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lennox EC10 electric furnace that doesn't seem to start when the thermostat demands. The furnace does start up but the air is not really hot so it seems to stay on for such a long time before the thermostat is satisfied. I was using a digital thermostat and thought that something may...

Old Flame.. Or Two Flames [ 5 Answers ]

It's weird that one night could change what I think... just in 4 hours... Last night, I called one of my exs, Josh, where he gave me confindence to break up with David because I wasn't happy. Today would've been a month, too. When I broke up with David, David said, "I gotta go, my friend's one...

Problems on restart [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, newbi here, I just wanted to say hello and pose a question . I've learned a lot of useful information here in the past and I hope someone can help. I'm running MS xp Home Edition, I recently discovered a problem where upon restart , my desktop appears but my mouse and keyboard are frozen....

View more questions Search