Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Dec 5, 2011, 06:20 PM
    How to get vents open
    I have lots of allergies and I'm beginning to think a lot comes from the radiators. I'm in
    A two family house and my landlord gives me enough heat but I sneeze like crazy when it's
    Up. The bathroom vent is so full of dust it's sitting right there. I know there has to be
    More.

The bathroom vent and radiators in each room are sealed with years of paint. Is there a
    Magic way for me to get them open? Who would I hire to do it in case I can't. Forget my
    Landlord, I pay less rent for not bothering him.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 5, 2011, 06:57 PM
    Do you mean radiators as in cast iron blocks, or vents with warm air coming out of them? Or are the vents just the exhaust vents for the bath? It isn't hard to take vent covers off and wash them and vacuum dust out of the fan behind them. As for paint, sometimes people (like me) are allergic to the wrong kinds of paint being heated on a radiator, like latex paint! Makes me sick. Not much you can do except strip it all off, very difficult.
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Dec 5, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Radiators but not cast iron. The bathroom vent is just an exhaust vent. I don't think
    It is easy to get off the covers because so much paint covers them up. I would have no
    Idea if it's latex paint or now. I had the place plainted too many years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cabbage smell from gas furnace vents and cold air vents. [ 1 Answers ]

ITs horrible... I really think its making me ill... had a guy check the furnace about 4 yrs ago... its a Carrier high efficiency. I was told it could be the heat exchanger but I don't read anything that says it has this putrid smell. Its like a sewer smell. I need help... I really think I have...

I have a mueller climatrol furnace and the gas valve won't open or stay open. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a mueller climatrol furnace in which the gas valve won't open or stay open. We think it is electrical problem. Back in the summer, my air went out and a friend did wiring to bypass so the air would work for time being. At that time, before the bypassing to get air to work, the heat...

Can inline vents replace existing vents [ 0 Answers ]

Can Oatey Inline vents replace original vents? I have replaced some DWV pvc in the basement and I have a slop sink that drains into a 2' and then to the 4inch main. Can I install this inline vent onto the 2inch pvc ? The Instuctions say 6 inches above trap. You suggestion is...

No air coming from some open vents [ 6 Answers ]

What do I check to see why air is not coming from an open vent?

Crawl space vents open or closed? [ 1 Answers ]

Should I open or close my crawl space vents during the winter. I live in west NC, so it will most likely be below freezing most nights throughout the winter. I come from FL and am not used to this. I just don't want mey water line freezing up. Thanks! Craig

View more questions Search