Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Bryant 395CAV Furnace Won't Start
    The furnace typically takes three or four ignition cycles before flame extends down burner to reach the flame sensor. It seems to light only halfway down burner on most attempts. Sometimes reaches shut off and then I have to flick switch to repeat cycle. Help.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2007, 04:46 PM
    If I understand you correctly, all the burners need pulled and cleaned. Sometimes rust or a spiders web gets in the little crevice at the end of the burners keeping it from extending the flame to the next burner.

Jan 31, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Thanks. Will give it a try.

Jan 31, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    The furnace typically takes three or four ignition cycles before flame extends down burner to reach the flame sensor. It seems to light only halfway down burner on most attempts. Sometimes reaches shut off and then I have to flick switch to repeat cycle. Help.
    Works like a charm. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant furnace problem [ 20 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 5 y/o 80% eff bryant furnace. The problem I have is that my furnace Doesn't always kick on even when thew thermostat shows the temp under the Temp set. I will sometimes have to go down and turn of the blower switch on the furnace wait a couple seconds and then turn it on again....

Bryant Furnace fan won't stop [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace, don't know the model number, but frequently the fan will continue to blow after the heat stops producing. I hear it trying to shut off, (it will sputter off and on) but the majority of the time the fan continues to run, blowing cold air. Any help would be appreciated.

Bryant furnace won't lite [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Bryant furnace. It Keeps flashing code 13 on the circuit board. I read the code and it says that the switch will reset after 3 hours. It also refers me to # 33 which gives more possibilities as to what the problem may be. However it does say to reset the limit or flame roll out...

Bryant Furnace won't start flame on my emergency generator [ 4 Answers ]

My newer Bryant plus 80 T gas furnace would not start the flame when it was connected to my emergency generator during an ice storm that caused the commercial power to go out. Is this a result of the poor power quality of the emergency generator which messed up the electronic circuits of the...

View more questions Search