Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mauekat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 10:28 PM
    Do I need the water main on for the AC to run?
    I have a leak and have to turn off my water main for the night. Can I run my AC while the water main is turned off?

Thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 10:49 PM

Are they connected somehow??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Is this a regular air cooled condenser or a swamp cooler? If this is a home or Apt, water plays no part in the cooling process unless it is an evaporative type. Where are you located?
    mauekat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 07:35 PM
    We're in Illinois. It's just a regular home unit. AC ran just fine all last night without the water on. Thanks for your input!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 07:17 PM
    There is no connection to the water supply. You do get water out from you're a coil as it removes humidity from the air, maybe that's why you thought there was a water connection. Glad we could help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to run four circuits from main to outbuilding [ 2 Answers ]

I have room for four 20 amp breakers in my service panel. I want to run four 20 amp circuits to a detached building 100' away. Can I run four stranded #12 wires with one #12 for ground in poly pipe to the building? Is #12 large enough or will I need # 10? I plan on two lighting circuits, one...

Why or when for a main serivce run do you use a neutral or just a ground ? [ 10 Answers ]

So sometimes from the pole, you have your 2 hotts and 1 neutral, however sometimes you have 2 hotts and a ground and no neutral, So here's what I'm doing in a few days, taking a 200 amp panel putting in a 100 amp breaker going underground with it, than poping back up and splicing in a 100 amp...

How to run power from main panel to garage [ 1 Answers ]

I recently build a second separate garage. I have done the interior wiring and was going to upgrade the house service to 400 amps (from 200 amp) and run 200 amps to the garage. The main reason is that the power company did not want to run directly to garage due to 1. having to go around septic...

Does main outlet have to run downhill? [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a new septic tank and leachfield installed. The contractor moved the main outlet (the big pipe that goes through the cellar wall) up. It now exits the cellar 2 feet higher than where it used to exit. 2 days later, I have an odor in the kitchen. I'm worried that, by moving the outlet,...

View more questions Search