Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phumswife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 05:33 PM
    Bryant evolution thermostat reads requires maintenance?
    Does anyone know what to press on the Evolution Thermostat to see what the installers can see? I found the Installation instructions online, but when you want to look at that part, it says that it is for installers only. I got a requires maintenance code and called for service. I know that this is something that the installers set up as a way to flag me that I need service, and the message includes their business name and phone number. When I cleared this (and called for my maintenance check) the system worked fine. The tech came out and changed my filter and I was told that they did what they do on a routine maintenance check and they would see me in another six months (I am on a maintenance agreement). The very next day a message came up that I need to check my UV lamp. I called them back and was told that my lamp was glowing brightly yesterday, and the bulb is expensive, and that that is just a warning. I have been waiting about a week for them to call me back about the cost of a new lamp, and last night a message came up about the system requiring maintenance again. The tech called me today and said that he will go home and play with his thermostat and call me tomorrow to walk me through it. He asked if it was reading malfunction. It is not. It is basically just telling me that something requires attention. It said maintenance, not malfunction. I don't want it to get to malfunction. I can see that I am learning about the system just like the techs are as someone said before. The tech said that he might suggest that I get rid of the maintenance reminder. I actually like it there. I paid a lot of money for this system when I had it installed in 2009, and I want to make sure that no one accuses me of neglecting it. Also, I seem to be getting a little chirping noise coming from one of the registers, almost like a smoke detector warning. We don't have a smoke detector there. It is always three small chirps in a row coming from inside the wall/duct work/register? Has anybody heard that noise before?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 05:43 PM
    If You don't know what you are doing you do not want to get in the advance setting of the control(thermostat)and start changing things around. The notice you are getting is from run time of the equipment(just a timer) letting you know your systems filters,uv lights, blower, etc.. Have ran X amount of time. Its not saying any thing is bad or dirty, just take a look. The system will let you know when something is wrong when you see the display screen. Any how---Advance settings--- press and hold the advance button. Caution is advised.
    phumswife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 09:55 PM
    Thank you, I appreciate the information. I will wait until I get a trouble call message from the unit and then call it in for service. I just like to know these things because you don't always get answers that add up from the companies that service your home, and I like to know if they are just guessing , or know what they are talking about. It is sad to have to say that. The company that installed this unit does a good job once they show up to work at my house, but they only have one guy that seems to know anything about the Evolution. It is a small company that I have dealt with for years. The last time they changed the filter I took that info off the packing slip, and now I know that too. Also, if I ever sell my home, I would like to be able to pass information on to the next owner. Do you have any info about the UV lamp? I would never go into the attic to attempt to service the unit, as it is too creepy for me. My husband is slightly disabled and never was very mechanical. I just like to keep all of the info in a folder. Thanks for answering. I really do appreciate your time, and also this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Evolution Quote (16 seer) [ 13 Answers ]

I have two questions. First, I have a Trane HP that's about 12 years old and is leaking freon. The service guy said I could replace the coil on the outside for about $1,200. Second option is to replace the unit entirely with a new 3 ton Bryant Evolution 16 seer split unit, installed for $6,300...

Bryant heating evolution thermostat troubleshooting? [ 2 Answers ]

New system (installed 6/2009): 2 zones, Bryant Evolution Control thermostat. Control panel regularly shows "system malfunction" reading with several "active events" recorded, although heating continues. Certified Bryant repair person here several times, but can't determine the problem. Says the...

Bryant Evolution Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Bryant Evolution system. Its only about a year and a half old. Was installed by the homebuilder. About 2 days ago it I noticed the reading on it said "cooling at 42" and we can not manually change the temp. to cool back up to 73 degrees. The up button for the temp. will not work to...

Bought a used car. After 2562 miles it requires $7000 of maintenance fix. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to tell them to take the car back, and I want to stop paying on the auto loan which is with Chase Bank. Let them reprocess the car. What repercussions can I expect.

AC Temperature Variation Bryant Evolution Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Evolution Control Thermostat (SYSTXBBUID01-B). I've noticed while running the Air Conditioner the condenser comes on sooner than it should. For example, the temperature is set to cool at 79 degrees; the actual temperature shown on the thermostat reads 77 degrees, yet the condenser...

View more questions Search