Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The Cruise Mon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Starter noise in cold weather
    I would appreciate any feed back on the cause and cure of cold weather starter noise on my 1996 Maxima v6. It makes a funny sound initially ( as if it temporarily hangs and then is released) and then stops normally. Once the engine gets warm, it does not make the noise on successive starts. Never hear it in the summer months. Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Hard to tell. Cars start much easier and run better in cold weather, if you use synthetic engine oil. Also, synthetics are easier on your starter and battery. This may be part of the cure for your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get the key out in cold weather - 95 Accord [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I have a 1995 Honda Accord EX (84K miles). I have a peculiar problem in very cold weather: I can't get the key out of the ignition when I the car in Park. :mad: None of the gear lights glow up even though the gear is clearly in Park position. If I wait just a minute or two (sometimes...

2001 Honda Civic - Starter - Can you show me the location of the starter? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having starting problems with my 2001 Honda Civic EX 4DR. This is the first problem with the car and I can't find the starter. Can you help?

Heater loud noise when shuts down, cold air returns are whistling [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved to a new home that is about 3500 square feet and has a basement. I know part of it, is just getting used to the new sounds. However, our heater, when it shuts off, makes a huge 'BOOM' sound! Is that just the way it goes? Also, after the heater shuts off... the fan must still be...

Sewerage smell when out side weather is cold [ 1 Answers ]

My bath room smell when out side tempture below 40F, like fall and winter, it is the sewer smell. When the weather is wormer the smell stopped I like to know why and how to solve the problem.

Loud Knocking Noise when cold water side of shower is on [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy folks. When I turn my shower on, I have to turn the water all the way to hot, switch the shower lever, and then adjust to warm... otherwise I get a huge loud knocking sound from the basement. I went down to see if I could see pipes rattling or anything, but nothing. I turned on the faucet...

View more questions Search