Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nalmaraz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Fan is not turning in my unit outside
    Myheating and air condition fan is not turning in my unit outside. Do you know why?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 08:27 AM
    If the compressor isn't running either, likely the relay is stuck. You can't see the compressor, but should be able to hear it putting away. The breaker could be off, the fuses in the electrical box next to it blown, or it may not be getting the signal from the thermostat. You have 2 small wires from the thermostat that operate a relay switching power from the large wires from the house to the compressor and fan. Power to either set of wires can fail, or the relay not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan blade on my unit won't turn [ 8 Answers ]

My fan blade on my central unit won't turn. It appears it is trying to turn, so I helped it with a screw driver. The fan blade then runs with out fail, but will not cool. I was told that it might be my capacitor? Why is it when the blade turns it won't blow cold air?

Rheem RACB-030JAS residential A/C unit condenser fan motor replaced [ 26 Answers ]

I just replaced the condenser fan motor and it initially spun up then stopped, after 10 minutes it ran again then stopped. Now I can hear it buzz then stop but not spin. The original motor was a GE 5KCP39BG K075CS 1/6 HP 1075 RPM 208/230 V its replacement a Dayton 4M205G 1/4 hp 1075 RPM ...

Outside fan not turning [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ~10 yr old AG unit. Seven weeks ago, we noticed the outside unit was running, but the fan was not turning. Oil was added. That worked for several weeks. Last week, the fan stopped again. The tech replaced the fan motor this time. Now, 5 days later, the fan is not turning again. Could...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan works great... Until I add the remote controller unit. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm the "proud" owner of a Southwind V ceiling fan. I'm a pretty cautious person by nature so when I installed the ceiling fan I left out the optional remote controller piece to make sure all works well. Blue and black fan wires to the black wire in the wirebox, and white on white (grounds...

A/c fan not working on outside unit [ 1 Answers ]

My fan is not working outside on the a/c unit but it work on the inside. The air is hot that comes out and the coils are very hot help me please. Pammiej;)

View more questions Search